Pain

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Drake
New User

Pain

Postby Drake » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:10 pm

I had an FMT on 7-14-17. I don't have the frequency I did before. However the left side right below my rib cage hurts pretty badly. It's sharp. Never have I had this pain with cdiff before. I'm not even sure it's cdiff related I know when they did the colonoscopy there was some inflammation in the colon. Maybe it's that? No idea. Has anyone else had a lot of pain on the left side? Especially after eating anything or about 30 minutes to an hour before having to go to the bathroom?

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: Pain

Postby Bobbie » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:51 pm

Drake,
We cannot diagnose you via computer. Call your doc.

Let us know what he/she says

Doesn't sound serious but good to check it out.

Best wishes.

Drake
New User

Postby Drake » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:12 am

Thank you Bobbie. I was just hoping to find out if others have had these symptoms as well. It's the most frustrating illness I've ever had. I just can't seem to get rid of it. I did go into see my family doctor today who said I have a yeast infection still, if anything it's worsened. She retested me for cdiff which I was told takes 24-48 hours. Then I have an appointment with GI Wednesday.

MKW
Regular Contributor

Postby MKW » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:44 am

Hi, I had a lot of varying weird bowel pains and activity following my FMT. I immediately had a radical shift in bowel activity and things slowed down. I had gas for the first time in months. All of those new bacteria were creating gas I guess, and I hadn't experienced this in a long time. I actually ended up going to my primary care doctor and got an x ray a few weeks after my FMT because I had lower left abdominal pain consistently for three days. He ended up and told me I was just full of air.
So my point is, with your new bacteria you could experience all kinds of symptoms that are different, but not necessarily indicative of any thing serious. But of course, like I did, it is best to report pain to your doctor and let them make the conclusion.

Drake
New User

Postby Drake » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:53 pm

Thank you that makes me feel a lot better. I'm back at Mayo Clinic tomorrow to meet with the doctor that specializes in cdiff so hopefully he has something up his sleeve to help with the left side pain.

kanak
New User

Postby kanak » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:51 pm

Hello Drake. Also went to Mayo for fmt. Was wondering what the doctor had to say at your visit.
Amy

Drake
New User

Postby Drake » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:47 am

I actually tested negative for cdiff. I had shared with him I have symptoms that don't make sense because the first 3 times my left side didn't feel this way. Which scares me. He prescribed me dicyclomine. Imodium was also suggested. Then a heating pad. Also I purchased over the counter lidocaine patches because my insurance gave me a hard time with the perscription. I will get a steroid shot in the abdomen wall. I actually was treated with dicyclomine 2 days after meeting with the GI doctor to help with the bacterial yeast infection I have going on and it has actually formed my stools some. I'm hoping this is a great sign. With the injection I have tomorrow and things slowing down hopefully I get some energy back, no more left side pain and turn around by the end of the weekend. I've been sleeping almost 14-16 hours a day. My life has been surgery for my knees, cdiff, surgery, cdiff for about 2-3 years.

Drake
New User

Postby Drake » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:53 am

I also wanted to mention the FMT has nothing to do with my left side pain. This deep pain was present before hand. It didn't get worse because of the FMT nor better. I just wanted to mention that just encase someone reads this and thinks the FMT caused it. The FMT did help because I was going to the bathroom hourly while awake. The FMT did help that factor significantly. 4 times a day is way better then where I was at. Now with the metronidazole I was purscribed for the bacterial yeast infection I have it's now starting to form. I mistyped that above.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:13 am

An infection can be bacterial or it can be yeast it can not be a bacterial yeast.
If it's yeast metro might make it a he'll of a lot worse!

Please remember that even flagyl can cause c.diff and almost certainly undo all the good effects of having an FMT.

Drake
New User

Postby Drake » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:13 pm

Its bacterial caused I am horrible at describing things. I started with the metronidazole gel and it didn't get better if anything it worsened and then I had to take the pill.

Drake
New User

Postby Drake » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:54 pm

bacterial vaginosis is what I have

smiguel
Brand New Poster

Postby smiguel » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:12 am

Also, try to wear a breathable cotton underwear for immediate relief from BV and don't douche. Apart from this, Boric acid is also helpful in curing BV.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”