Upper stomach pain 3 weeks after cdiff

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Algrif40
Brand New Poster

Upper stomach pain 3 weeks after cdiff

Postby Algrif40 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:14 pm

I was hospitalized with c diff for 5 days -sepsis, colitis, the works. This was about 3 weeks ago. Just finished vancomycin about 1 week ago. Starting to have sharp stabbing pains in upper abdomen, stomach area. I'm totally paranoid this has something to do with c diff. I've noticed a lot more heartburn lately too. Is this common after a bad c diff bout?

shooten
Regular User

Re: Upper stomach pain 3 weeks after cdiff

Postby shooten » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:17 pm

I am on the pulse portion of my vancomycin treatment and I am also having pain in my upper abdomen, right under my sternum. If i touch that area I can feel the tenderness. It feels very similar to when i had gastritis and I have read that other people have got gastritis from c diff. I am guessing it is stress based gastritis. Talk to your doctor and see what they think. A GI might want you to have an endoscopy to diagnose it and then they might put you on a PPI or an H2 blocker. I would go with an H2 blocker since there is literature out there linking PPIs to c diff.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Upper stomach pain 3 weeks after cdiff

Postby beth22 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:54 pm

I got gastritis as well, but also chronic pancreatitis.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”