Need info

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Jazzmynn
New User

Need info

Postby Jazzmynn » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:07 pm

First of all, let me say what a caring group of people you are.
I feel so glad I can post my concerns here.
I am going for an abdominal and pelvis ultrasound tomorrow.
The PA at my drs office wants to see why I keep having gassiness/bloating and abdominal discomfort.
I had those symptoms plus loose stools when I was diagnosed with cdif.
I always thought you had to have frequent watery diarrhea with cdif, I never did.
Has anyone had symptoms like mine and diagnosed with cdif?
I am scared that I might have something bad like cancer. I hope not.
Anyway, I am done with my vancomycin as of last night, and am still on Florastor.
Thanks!!!

amyc
Long Time Contributor

Re: Need info

Postby amyc » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:39 pm

Florastor gave me really bad gas and bloating. I tried it a couple of times and stopped taking it after a day or two. There really isn't any hard proof that any probiotics are much help, so stop taking the florastor and see if that helps. You can skip the ultrasound or reschedule it for next week after you've been off florastor for a couple of days. Air blocks the sound waves, so if you're gassy you won't get a great scan.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Need info

Postby NanciT » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:12 pm

The abdominal pain can continue post treatment. I continued with Post IBS and still have it on and off. I also agree about the Probiotics, I take VSL#3 and know exactly each day when I take it, it causes gas but the longer I have been on it, the less gas.

Talk with the doctor about the Post IBS. It can take time to recover from CDIFF

Feel better soon

NanciT

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”