Is this normal? Please help

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Jazzmynn
New User

Is this normal? Please help

Postby Jazzmynn » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:21 pm

I was diagnosed with cdiff two weeks ago.
I have been on vancomycin 4xday and have one day left.
Meanwhile, I am very bloated and have bad grassiness and some burping.
I never had watery diarrhea, but soft frequent stools and cramping which are gone.
Is this normal and can it be from the cdif?

linnyg
Contributor

Re: Is this normal? Please help

Postby linnyg » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:28 am

That can happen with or without c diff. Your intestines have had quite the workout between the c diff and the vanco.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:13 am

Welcome to the site..Please read the first forum about the history of the site and the rules of posting.

You will eventually recover, but it takes patience and persistence. Hang in there!

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:24 am

Bloating and gas are very common on a irritated gut and Cdiff can really irritate your guts. If stools have started to get some consistency and the frequency has gone down , it means that you are responding well to treatment but you will definitely not get back to normal. The recovery process is long and requires time and patience. Also be careful with your food choices and the amount of probiotic you are taking , because too much probiotic can also give bloating and gas.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”