Upset need some words of wisdom

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
tanya12
Contributor

Upset need some words of wisdom

Postby tanya12 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:26 am

As you all know I posted a few days ago regarding being diagnosed with strep throat and being put on penicillin VK. You also know that I have been cdiff free for six months. Has been quite sometime since I have worried about my stools or cdiff as I put it behind me or so I thought
I have done nothing but worry since I started this anabiotic's and my doctor and G.I. doctor have been no help to me I don't want to take this medicine I am terrified of getting it again but I don't know what the alternative is
I don't know now if my stomach rumbling us because of what I ate last night or if it's the anabiotic's or if it's the start of another nightmare. The doctor prescribed 500 mg four times a day and when I called the pharmacist and she said if you're that nervous just take it twice a day because the dosage that way also
My throat hurts stop bothering me after taking only two pills so I don't even know if it was going away on its own or if the medicine is doing its work but I don't know what the lesser of two evils is just sitting here sobbing because I don't want to go through it again

Tsc1964
Regular Contributor

Re: Upset need some words of wisdom

Postby Tsc1964 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:27 pm

Im so sorry you got take atx its our worst fear. Hope your loading up on probiotics if you can tolerate them. Ive been having sore throat couple weeks allergy season isnt helping an scared even tell dr. Praying for you an sending hugs.

tanya12
Contributor

Postby tanya12 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:32 pm

I'm not "loading up" on them. I'm doing a cup of kefir a day and one florastor,.

Tsc1964
Regular Contributor

Postby Tsc1964 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:43 pm

I think that be sufficient to help protect your gut

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:14 pm

PenVK is not as broad spectrum as ampicillin or amoxicillin, so hopefully, you will do ok with it. Let us know how it goes.

dunerkat
New User

Postby dunerkat » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:04 pm

I understand how you're feeling. I'm in the midst of a bout of c. diff caused by treatment for double pneumonia. Then I acquired a UTI as a result of all the D and am very concerned about things getting worse. The way the disease messes with your mind is awful. Good luck, and I hope you feel better soon

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:35 am

PenV is a low offender , you will probably get trough it without relapsing. Take your probiotics but don't overdo it and eat a healthy diet . Good luck!

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:16 pm

Check the "offender list" in the CDI section to see that Pen VK is low offender and try to relax.
You can get d from the anxiety or even as antibiotic induced diarrhea that is not c diff.
If it keeps up call your dr but odds are you will be fine.

Did you have the strep test and culture? And do you have to take abx rather than just ride it out?

Be well,
Rita

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”