Will I get my life back.? I need hope

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Ruthless
Brand New Poster

Will I get my life back.? I need hope

Postby Ruthless » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:05 am

Fibromyalgia after cdiff
PostTue May 30, 2017 7:51 pm

Hi everyone. Just registered n this is my 1st post. let me say that on registering, even spelling the word backwards to do so took stupid amount of concentration!!
Here starts my burst of feelings on paper just knowing that others are ot there suffering for real and Im not going crazy trying to convince doctors theres something wrong n I need serious pain relief or free massages or just a good donk on the head to be able to sleep more than an hour without waking up in aching leg pain where it feels like there are people in my legs doing crazy exercise and wanting to make my legs move for relief.
by the way, I never post anything online but Im so desperate to be heard.

I contracted clostridium difficille 4 years ago working in hospital. I got it not once but a 2nd time 2weeks later with full blown A++ B++something. 1st.
metranitazol then valamicin then soe trial drug under infectious diseases.

Oh. Im 51 and up til 4 years ago, never sick, fit as chain sawing and inline skating and active crazy, super cool mum of 6. did I mention solo mum too.

cant believe Ive got a sense of humour still.

IVE BEEN SICK SINCE!!!!
IBS, I dont heal from wounds, hospialized lots for impaction, basically been lying on my bed a lot, hav had mental health issues since n been clinically depressed needing hospitalization. Ive put on 25kilo n hAve never in my life been overweight.

Now its fibromyalgia nad I have all the symptoms and feel like Im going crazy and Like Im 80 years old.

My life has dramatically changed , if not stopped.

I have gastroparesis n my bowel was to come out last november but the surgeon has put me on mega magnesium.

I was put on 225mg of EFFEXOR and at 1st 900mg of quetirepine, now down to 300mg.

theres more but now I just feel like crying. I was so normal and now Im basically retired and only wen I go and farmsit, can I cry into the dog, or shud I say fall cus I can barely stand up alot of the time. The cows dont mind me going slow, and the chickens seem happy to see me.

I say this cus I used to be social as and now Im quite reclusive ate home, trying to get energy to love on my grand children and children.

I tried to get doctor to put this under ACC but they wont. Its cost me working n the medical n prescriptions n massage n time has cost me everything.

THANKYOU SO MUCH to all of you that have taken the immense effort to write about yr experiences. I cant explain how good it feels that this must be real and its not in my head. Ive never been lazy but thats how I feel now.

If you read all this, seriously cool n I hope it comforts someone out there like it has me. It feels good to debrief for the 1st time.

Sometimes it jst gets all to much wit constant new complications
Has any1 fully recovered
Do I need to get a tee shirt: im not lazy: Ask my doctor b4 you judge.
Ruth

Tsc1964
Regular Contributor

Re: Will I get my life back.? I need hope

Postby Tsc1964 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:21 am

I fully get your frustration. I am.still recovering had my fmt march 21st. Leg pain weakness depression anxiery exhaustion plus seems other new stuff pops up weekly. I started celexa antidepressant early March dont think is pulling me out of depression but barely keeping my head above water so to soeak. Im started physical therapy last week hopefully to help. They said i have shingles now but im.skeptical no rash. Jus weird scary stuff happening. Today waa beautiful but i was in need of nap 2 hours during day. My husband went motorcyle ride but ibwas to weak to join him. Altho last week i musteredbup strength. I also was cool mom of 4 an grandma to 5 one which is baby. I feel for you an wonder if i will ever be functioning again for normal life.

justdone
New User

Re: Will I get my life back.? I need hope

Postby justdone » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:47 pm

C. Difficile recovery is very long road and to be honest, I don't think most of us ever truly get past it. It takes a tremendous toll on the body and throws everything out of whack; for some people indefinitely out of whack I think. I'm one of those. Since c. diff my body has never been the same and I'm only 33 years old. I used to never get sick or go to the doctor. Now there's always something happening to me so I understand the frustration. I do think that even though things may not return to 100% for some people, your quality of life can be much better by getting the right doctor on board and changing your lifestyle/eating habits. I find there is hope, but it's a lot like trial and error. I'm constantly testing and trying health changes to see what makes me feel better, what makes things worse so I can avoid it. I recently went gluten free after a mild c. diff infection I had April and it has made huge improvements. Hang in there.

Ruthless, you're on a lot of medications and some of those may be contributing to and making things worse. Perhaps it's time to find a new doctor. Also, do a little research on your medications and their side effects and see if there are any connections to your symptoms.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”