Rectal ozone for c diff??

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
jlugg
Brand New Poster

Re: Rectal ozone for c diff??

Postby jlugg » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:46 pm

I can assure you that no ID or GI doctor will tell you to put ozone in as an enema. Don't bother asking, the answer will be no. If you do the standard therapy and you get better, I wouldn't go NEAR rectal ozone as a treatment, especially with a colitis for fear of perforation. The following is for someone where nothing is working.
During my cancer treatment, I did rectal ozone two to three times a day to improve my bowel flora and to absorb the ozone rectally to get a temporary detectable ozone level in my blood stream through intestinal absorption. I can tell you this, there are so many bacteria in the large bowel, there is no way that you would be able to destroy them all. C. Diff is an anaerobic bacteria, so it would be expected to die quickly from ozone treatment.
The biggest concerns if you are going to do this is that you start with a very small amount of ozone rectally so that you don't elicit a toxicity reaction from too large of a kill off of the C. Diff all at once. Moreover, don't over insufflate and use a reputable source of ozone. I bought an ozone generator and used it at low flow and stopped the instantI felt any distension in my colon and limited the insufflation to a few seconds each time with a low flow all the time. You will probably have to clean out with a regular enema. Another way to do an ozone enema is to put a small amount of ozonated water or saline into your rectum slowly with an enema bag. You MUST be careful if your colon is inflamed from C. Diff. I would only do this if you are not getting better with conventional treatments or you have lots of recurrences.
About me: I am a two year survivor from metastatic sarcoma. Can't say that the ozone alone is what cured me, it is highly likely that it didn't. But I think rectal ozone should be investigated further. Conventional medicine won't do it, I can assure you with the FDA sanction against using it GI and ID doctors won't touch it. Only thing that advocates its use are animal studies and the experience of ozone doctors across the US, Canada and Europe.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”