Can Cdiff come back after 9 months and two negative tests and no antibiotics?

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Soimez
Contributor

Can Cdiff come back after 9 months and two negative tests and no antibiotics?

Postby Soimez » Fri May 26, 2017 3:51 pm

Hi folks, soimez here again... well this morning I got hit with so very soft thin stool that burns and then two more times.. now I know c diff causes watery D but every time for me when it started the first few days I would get the urge to go and than have to strain hot small little cheeto/ribbon like stool out. I'm freaking out I just don't understand how this could just come back.. my stomach felt like it was back to normal.. I'm very stressed and waiting at my doctors well I'm write this.. also I have been very nauseous today and even threw up this morning.. pls help, could it be c diff coming back or just my bad diet as of late..

Musings
Regular Contributor

Re: Can Cdiff come back after 9 months and two negative tests and no antibiotics?

Postby Musings » Fri May 26, 2017 4:05 pm

Without taking antibiotics, or having a weakened immune system, the chance of having a spontaneous relapse after 9 months is very, very slim. I would say this is more likely an IBS attack, some type of bug/virus, or possibly food poisoning. Hope the doctor can provide some explanation for you.

~Lauren

Soimez
Contributor

Re: Can Cdiff come back after 9 months and two negative tests and no antibiotics?

Postby Soimez » Fri May 26, 2017 4:09 pm

Well thank u you for the reply, I wish I could stay more positive but unfortunately after a bout of Cdiff and two relapse everytime something goes out of the ordinary i get stressed, I'm hoping just ibs I take lot of probiotics daily and eat fermented foods as well..

Healed
Regular User

Postby Healed » Fri May 26, 2017 5:11 pm

Soimez~
I also pray for you that you are not having a relaspse. May God Heal you; Lord cover Soimez and let not Soimez have a relaspe. May God cover you with His Blood and place a hedge of protection all around you. In Jesus Name, Amen

Soimez
Contributor

Postby Soimez » Fri May 26, 2017 6:22 pm

Thank you for the kind words..

Soimez
Contributor

Postby Soimez » Fri May 26, 2017 9:15 pm

Well it's the end of the day and I haven't been on the toilet again but I feel very awful and nauseous!! I feel very run down... will the suffering never end

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sat May 27, 2017 1:33 am

I work in a school and we have had some type of GI bug going around. Both students and teachers have been sick, some mildly and some more violently. Hopefully, it is just a bug for you as well.

amyc
Long Time Contributor

Postby amyc » Sat May 27, 2017 3:02 am

Yikes, I am visiting So Cal now. Stomach bug is going around your school in late May? I thought those usually hit in the fall. Eeeeeek hope folks stay home so they won't spread it around.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Sat May 27, 2017 9:34 am

Soimez
I know is hard not to panic but try to calm down , it doesn't sound like Cdiff , it may be a IBS flare or a little food poisoning or maybe a virus.

Soimez
Contributor

Postby Soimez » Sat May 27, 2017 9:49 am

Thanks you all for your responses but it's seem I have a little pts from having cdiff now everytime something is off I just remember how awful it was when I had it..

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Sat May 27, 2017 5:17 pm

It is not unusual to panic and be afraid of a recurrence but I have to agree with the others that not only would a spontaneous recurrence for no apparent reason at this point be highly unlikely, but your symptoms don't sound like c diff. Try to relax even though it's hard.

Rita

Soimez
Contributor

Postby Soimez » Sat May 27, 2017 9:02 pm

Thanks Rita, I will be submitting samples Monday and it usually takes a week here in Ontario cause it has to go to public health.. I will let uses know the results.. fingers and toes crossed...

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Mon May 29, 2017 2:09 pm

I agree with the others, it is possible but not probable. Have you tried a heating pad for the pain?

See CDI - three day rule and IBS. I've had IBS off and on aof years and the symptoms are so similar.

Keep us posted.

Soimez
Contributor

Postby Soimez » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:04 am

Hi everyone, great new from the doctor, my results came back nega

Soimez
Contributor

Postby Soimez » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:06 am

Negative.. I feel that diet is everything to getting over cdiff and healing your stomach.. Fermented foods daily is the key.. i have kefir twice a day once in the morning and once before bed also sauerkraut.. thanks for all the support but I think it's time to stop worrying about cdiff and just start living again..

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”