Is it ok to use Lactaid Milkd

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
sophie
Regular Contributor

Is it ok to use Lactaid Milkd

Postby sophie » Sat May 20, 2017 2:14 am

I'm not sure if i'm lactaid intolerant or not, but don't want to go through a painful day. Is Lactaid milk ok to use for C-Diff or possible post-IBS??
Thanks!

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Re: Is it ok to use Lactaid Milkd

Postby georgina » Sat May 20, 2017 8:34 am

I tried lactose free milk and didn't sit well with me so i had to stick to veg milk : almond or rice milk . I'm not lactose intolerant as i can eat cheese , sour cream ,butter with no problem but for some reason milk , yogurt and kefir will give me discomfort.

kmr92
New User

Postby kmr92 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:10 am

Silk vanilla almond milk is my favorite. I would try that.

amyc
Long Time Contributor

Postby amyc » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:18 am

Post C diff I developed intolerance to dairy protein. Lactaid just removes the dairy sugar. If you can tolerate yogurt, cheese, and cow milk kefir, lactaid might be fine for you. It's all trail and error with diet post C diff.

For those using almond milk, check the labels. It has very little protein. Try hemp milk, oat milk, or the new pea protein milks to make sure you get enough protein if you don't like soy milk.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:26 am

You will not know unless you try it, that also goes for anything else as well.
No two people are the same and you have to judge what's ok for yourself.

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:04 pm

Yes, it is fine. I use it all the time, used it before, during and after c diff and still do.
I am and have been lactose intolerant for over 20 years so it works well for me.
You have to try it and see if it will work for you but it certainly won't do any harm.

Rita

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”