Yellow stool

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
ladybug2
Brand New Poster

Yellow stool

Postby ladybug2 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:40 am

I know this has been discussed on there and I have read through many of the post on it. I have been on the vanco for a week and my stool today was more formed. I had c diff 4 years ago and it took me over a year to get rid of it. I have no idea how I got it back again. Last time I had c diff my stool was not neon yellow and this time it is. It is very light with a neon yellow tint. Does this mean I am not responding to the vanco. Is the yellow c diff? Had anyone found out what makes it so yellow. It is scary for me to look at. I keep thinking its the cdiff that is not responding. One more question. Is the yellow stool caused by the vanco or have people had it who took flagyl and dificid. Thanks for reading this. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate this page since my doctors seem so out of touch with c diff.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Re: Yellow stool

Postby georgina » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:18 am

Ladybug
First let me welcome you to the site again and remind you that descriptions of BM belong to TMI thread.
Sorry you are fighting Cdiff again but it seems to me that you are responding well to Vanco. If frequency went down and your stools have a shape , you are on the right track.Do not worry too much about color , and try not to look down the toilet , just put the lid down and flush. Yellow doesn't mean active Cdiff , it can be due to malabsorbtion or because of Vanco , most people that were treated with Vanco had decolored stools.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:03 pm

You said in your other post that your stool was yellow last time as well so a bit confusing.
Color does not indicate anything, only black or bloody is a problem. Anything else is normal with c.diff and a product of your own bodily function, although it might indicate other problems like gall bladder, and that can mimic c.diff symptoms
If your stools are formed at the end of treatment don't retest!
A positive test after treatment is highly likely and results in over treating.
Latest Guidlines say a Dr should follow a positive PCR with a toxin test to confirm c.diff needs treating so if you do get a positive PCR in future ask for it to be confirmed.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:01 pm

The others are right. Color is meaningless. Sounds as tho you are responding to Vanco.

Post does belong in TMI,

Best to you.

ladybug2
Brand New Poster

Postby ladybug2 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:18 pm

I am sorry for posting it in the wrong place. Feel free to delete it. I am not sure how to do that. Sorry

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:06 am

No problem. Post is fine. Feel better

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:08 am

I got yellow stool on vanco too and was told that it is from the alteration to the flora in the intestines. Sometimes fast transit times can cause it too and what you eat. With c diff, most of us do not eat green, leafy vegetables and those will give darker color. Like the others said, don't worry about it. When I would go off vanco, the color got darker. After FMT it was completely normal because the flora was replenished I assume.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:27 am

I was also told by my GI that color other than red or black and tarry is not worth worrying about. For some reason, yellow is the common color during and post c-diff. I had mostly yellowish stools for the past 2 years post c-diff. I do agree with Beth, that it must have to do with fast transit time.

justdone
New User

Postby justdone » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:34 am

I have never taken vanco only Flagyl but during recovery I had Yellow stool as well. I think it's normal as long as things are formed. I was told by others here and my gastro that the yellow can be there disturbance in Flora in the gut and the medication. Like the others said, as long as it's not black, tarry, pale as in whiteish, or bloody you should be fine.

Healed
Regular User

Postby Healed » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:11 am

Ladybug2~
You mentioned in your postings that you had cdiff 4yrs ago.Did it take a year for you to recover or did you say you had cdiff for a year. And then you acquired it again earlier this year but not sure how which I am sure is really scary. How are u doing now? Are you experiencing any PI-IBS issues?

OCmama
Regular Contributor

Postby OCmama » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:55 pm

I also had neon yellow stool while on vanco, I hope this is your last bout with C. diff! Sending prayers.

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:19 pm

As the others have said, don't worry about color and just be concerned if you have multiple episodes of watery stool.
It sounds as though you are doing well.
Good luck,
Rita

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”