How long after C Diff did you feel a 100% well?

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
georgina
Long Time Contributor

Re: How long after C Diff did you feel a 100% well?

Postby georgina » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:41 am

After Cdiff , usually the patient has issues tolerating fiber and if you say that your diet is raw vegan it won't help your gut to recover . Vegetables need to be well cooked and not all of them are tolerated , usually zucchini , peppers , rice , p0otatoes and carrots are easy to digest if they are cooked properly . If I were you and I would want to heal my gut faster , I would stick to a normal , easy to digest diet at least a few weeks during recovery.

Dana
New User

Postby Dana » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:48 am

No, my diet before cdiff consisted of a raw diet twice a week. I was saying that I've never had a typical western diet and that's even before I started eating vegan. I'm only eating cooked veggies and not a large amount. Im doing as much as possible to heal my gut. Probiotics, kombuca, ginger. Whatever I need to do.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:55 am

Carefull with too many probitoics , they can also cause some of your symptoms.

cdiffrun
Regular Contributor

Postby cdiffrun » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:50 am

I would try a BRAT diet to give your gut some time to heal:

Bananas
Rice
Applesauce
Toast
C Diff run - Run Diff Run! :)

My anti C diff recurrence regiment: Daily intake of Lifeway Kefir (15-20 billion CFUs and 12 strains!), boulardii + lactobacillus probiotics (I use Nexabiotic 23 strain multi-probiotic)

Dana
New User

Postby Dana » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:52 am

Yes, that's what I've been doing. Minus the applesauce. I'm allergic to apples. Thank you!

Cm1619
Regular Contributor

Postby Cm1619 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:16 am

It took me one full year to feel 100% which is what I'm hitting about now. I never relapsed and was healed with Flagyl. I have a sensitive stomach so maybe that's why it took me so long.

Zarthog
Brand New Poster

Postby Zarthog » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:38 pm

I had cdiff in 2014. It took me 6 months to get rid of it after three runs of flagyl and two runs of vanco. I still have to watch my diet and I haven't had a formed stool since. I basically live on a GI cocktail for pain that I still have after lite meals. Every time I get tests for the pain, I am told that everything is normal. My last test was a month ago, but my mother, whom I take care of is in the hospital with a severe case that involved a lot of bleeding. I will be her caretaker when she comes home, which of coarse I will do, but I'm really freaking out. I hope you recover well and soon. I can only share my personal experience.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:12 am

Hi Zarthog - Welcome to the site. Please read the first forum for new users on rules of posting, standard intro, etc.

So sorry that you had to endure c-diff as well. It sounds like you are in recovery after a terrible 6 month battle. Thank you for sharing your experience. I just wanted to formally welcome you to the site. :-)

Lisa

Dana
New User

Postby Dana » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:17 pm

Zarthog, I'm currently having terrible post IBS. This junk really does a number on us. I had an infection with a lot of bleeding and it is no joke. I hope your mom makes a full recovery!

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”