Need Support posted by Tanya 72 - Moved from Success Stories

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Need Support posted by Tanya 72 - Moved from Success Stories

Postby Lisa33 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:41 pm

Tanya72 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:11 pm
Well here it goes , my story. I was prescribed clindamyacin for a tooth infection November 14th. Within 5 days indeveolped muddy diarhea. Doctors said it is common. Indeed dnnotmfinish the course because I bothered by the diarheaa which was 3 times in the morning. I went to urgent care Sunday November 20th. They did a cdiff test came back negative. Morning muddy diarhea continued. Still had nausea. Went back to er day after thanksgiving.. blookwork normal, cat scan normal and cdiff tests negative again.
That following Tuesday I had a big bowl of popcorn , a slice of pizza and wine. Up 4 times with diarhea. Went back to er again. Blookwork. Normal . And only tiny bit of diarhea . Get a call the next day that I tested negative for the toxins but positive for the antigen . Prescribed 10 days of flagyl, by 5th dose diarhea was gone. Was having formed stools, formed soft stools etc. finished the flagyl . Still had nausea and tons of stomach gurgling but no diarhea. This past Wednesday had three long formed stools. Thursday small formed stool in pieces,Friday one small formed piece, Saturday formed broken stool and Sunday a narrow long formed, mind you my anxiety level is through the roof. Obsessed that it is returning. Nauseas after eating constant belching,gum relieves nausea but major stomach grumbling. Was taking probiotics and eating kinda of bland,started adding foods.
Felt good last night so I made some shaved steak, baby carrots steamed eldente and pasta, within hour of eating had stomach pain around the waistline, Mind you prior to eating I felt greT. 9 :30 I wake up not and sweaty and bam, soft formed stool at leastm12'pieces two separate times. Now I'm in a panic,, Nauseous etc. I go to emergency room today, they say oh your vitals are good you look fine we will test your stool. Managed to push some out pasty. Doc says it's my nerves and give me zolfran ans Ativan. I feel awful, I ate a bagel and tea, stomach rumbling but so far running to bathroom.
The cdiff has done nothing but consume me daily.. crying, obsessing, convinced it will never go away. I'm anxious, depressed alone,,

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Re: Need Support posted by Tanya 72 - Moved from Success Stories

Postby Lisa33 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:41 pm

postby roy » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:09 pm
Welcome
Please read the first forum for guidance on posting.
Firstly a positive antigen with a negative toxin is a NEGATIVE TEST.
An experienced Dr would not have treated on that test result.
Four times D is not something most people would go to ER for.
What you describe is not typical of c.diff.
We try to discourage long descriptions of your toilet habits but what you said is considered formed.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Re: Need Support posted by Tanya72 - Moved from Success Stories

Postby Lisa33 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:56 pm

Hi Tanya72 - Another welcome to the site. I moved your post and Roy's reply to this forum as it was under "Success Stories."

I agree with Roy that a test result that is negative for toxins, does not indicate an infection and shouldn't be treated. Your gut may just be off still from the clindamycin and the Flagyl. Sometimes antibiotics can cause diarrhea that will resolve on its own after the antibiotic is stopped. Your nerves may also be contributing to the gut issues as well. As hard as it is, you need to try to stay calm and not make the anxiety take over. C-diff and the thought of c-diff can create a lot of anxiety, but the added worry will just add to your gut problems. In the absence of frequent watery D with the urgency to go, it would be unlikely that you have a c-diff infection. You should see a GI doctor who can review your case though.

Hope you feel better soon,
Lisa

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”