Sensation of needing bowel movement

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Nockamy
New User

Sensation of needing bowel movement

Postby Nockamy » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:38 pm

Having fairly formed BM's for three days now, once in the morning . But continuing to have the uncomfortable sensation in lower abdomen and rectum that I have to go, stays all day. Anyone experienced this?

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Re: Sensation of needing bowel movement

Postby Lisa33 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:22 pm

I remember having this feeling in early recovery, but it was mostly in the morning for me. I don't think it's unusual, as several posters have experienced this as well. Fairly formed stools is a great indicator that things are going well.

Nockamy
New User

Postby Nockamy » Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:43 pm

Unfortunately, I have felt this for 2 days now. So uncomfortable. Finally got over the nausea, now this. Can't catch a break, I see the doc on Tuesday, so I guess we'll see what he says.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:24 pm

This often occurs with Post IBS. When you see the doctor, he may suggest an antispasmodic (Levisn) is the brand name. These can be very helpful.

Feel better soon
NanciT

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:30 am

Nockamy
I had that rectal pressure after every treatment for CDiff , including FMT for weeks.Even now , 5 months after FMT i still get it from time to time.

NikaNik
Long Time Contributor

Postby NikaNik » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:05 am

I also had that sensation in recovery - I had it on and off for months but it got better with time. Hang in there and I hope you feel better soon.

Nockamy
New User

Postby Nockamy » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:51 am

The pressure in my lower abdomen was so bad last night, that I almost had to go to the er. What in the world is causing this now? Still have it today, it's unrelenting. Had a normal BM again this morning. When is this going to end?

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:09 am

This happens to many - as they posted. Do not know reason.

If this continues to occur, and you still concerned, contact your doc for a medical explanation.

As in almost everything with c diff, this will probably subside.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:25 pm

You had a nasty infection in one of your bodys largest organs.
Hopefully the meds cleared the infection.
Your colon is still tender and only now can it start to heal.
Liken the damage done to pouring boiling water on your skin, meds do not just switch off the damage.
It takes time to heal.

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:27 pm

Certainly discuss with your dr but in my experience IBS causes spasms of the bowel that can get pretty strong at times and cause that sensation. In recovery a lot of us have had pretty strong PI IBS. As Nanci said, levsin (hyoscyamine) is an antispasmodic medication, there are also others, that is often prescribed to help with that. It's the one I have usually taken off and on for years. See what your dr says but don't be alarmed.

Nockamy
New User

Postby Nockamy » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:48 pm

Now I'm wondering if the lowere abdomen discomfort is a uti from the vancomycin! Reading a lot of people had that happen. Now I'm terrified about that! No way I'm taking antibiotics for a utI after almost being over c diff! Aaaand let the panic attacks begin :(

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:19 pm

Try not to panic, you will get through this. When you get the UA done, make sure they do a culture and Sensitivities. Many do not treat unless that culture is positive. It is possible to feel like you have a UTI and the test show no infection.
Take Care
NanciT

Nockamy
New User

Postby Nockamy » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:09 am

Thanks NanciT. What can I be treated with that won't bring backthe c diff? I just started feeling like I was beating it, tomorrow is last day of vancomycin.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:14 am

See list of antibiotics by risk under CDI Info All You Need to Know. Your treatment of a UTI depends on the bacteria that is present. Macrobid is a low offender that many on here have treated with and did not relapse. There are tons of posts on UTI's, even very recent ones if you do a search. Ismaila is one poster who is on Macrobid for a UTI, who just finished her vanco treatment yesterday I believe. Some posters have also taken D-Mannose to prevent UTI's. Drink lots of water and cranberry juice to help flush it out. But given your symptoms, it may not be a UTI that needs treating, so don't panic. Get tested and take it from there. You will get through all of this!

Nockamy
New User

Postby Nockamy » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:52 pm

Thank you everyone for the support. Got my appointment bumped to today, so we'll see what happens

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”