Extreme belching. Can it be a symptom ?

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
hledgess
Regular Contributor

Extreme belching. Can it be a symptom ?

Postby hledgess » Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:20 am

Hi I haven't posted a question in a little while as I was feeling better and taking questran as well and I thought I was in the clear. However yesterday and today I didn't take any questran because I see my dr on mon and wanted to see how things are really going. I haven't had D ( probably Bc I've been in questran ) and I took a Bentyl yesterday .
Yesterday and today I've had cramping and pain and belching. I normally don't belch , but when I had c diff both times that was the main thing I noticed and a weird feeling in my gut , which I have again. I am over three months post meds. I am scared it's somehow back.
My question is has anyone else experienced belching like this as part of their symptoms? Very loud burps and or constant burping?

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Extreme belching. Can it be a symptom ?

Postby beth22 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:43 am

I did, but I also had it post c diff. Maybe you should ask your doctor if you should taper off Quetran or decrease the dose gradually. Sometimes when you stop something abruptly, be it a medication or even probiotics, there are symptoms.

hledgess
Regular Contributor

Postby hledgess » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:02 am

I never thought of that.. I was taking a half a packet everyday for week n half maybe .. And yesterday I didn't take any and that's when I noticed the belching and today and my stomach just feels icky.. I see my dr mon morning I'll definitely ask!

Spector
New User

Postby Spector » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:37 am

I started having this in the last week as well actually, just finished a long dose of Vanc.

hledgess
Regular Contributor

Postby hledgess » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:33 am

So it can be a healing thing too maybe? I'm three months out and haven't burped like this since I had it so just curious what everyone else's experiences were like and trying not be scared.

mka
New User

Postby mka » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:49 pm

I am hoping that the belching was simply a part of your recovery process and I ham experiencing the same thing and looking for answers. I belched tons prior to diagnosis and at the beginning of my recovery. I am currently 7 weeks out from Vanco and have recently started burping tons again. I also have rumbling belly aches and mushy stools as well. Praying that it's gastritis or IBS. Did you end up having a relapse with the belching? I am scared to death that this is a symptom of relapse as well!!!

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”