Recurring chills after getting better

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
loraflor
New User

Recurring chills after getting better

Postby loraflor » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:55 pm

I took one round of vanco, which I completed on Christmas. It seemed to work. Though things are not back to normal digestively, they are way way better (once or twice a day, mostly formed) and I understand it takes some time. I am taking a ton of probiotics and am able to eat mostly normally (coffee is an issue, big surprise). I have most energy back after being pretty low while on vanco.

One of my worst symptoms (apart from the D!) when I was ill was extremely intense chills. I could not stop shaking. It was out of control. The thing that bothers me is that the chills still recur every so often, especially in the evening and especially when I am feeling run down, tired, and otherwise off. I will have to lie down and wrap myself up in blankets for a while until it passes. Do others experience this? Is it of concern? It creeps me out.

cmomes
New User

Re: Recurring chills after getting better

Postby cmomes » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:38 pm

hi loraflor,
I'm pretty new to the forum and to the whole experience of c. diff but I had and still have chills, even while on meds. Things were worse when I had active CDI and wasn't on meds yet, but even on Vancomycin (which I'm still on - 3rd round), I have chills now and then. Like many others in the group I have weird days and bad days, but throughout all of it the chills would come and go. IIf you are really concerned, I would call your doc and double check, esp. with a fever.

It seems like c. diff and treatments and the whole recovery process can result in different experiences for everyone. Certain things do still freak me out and I always call my doc when I'm unsure, but I had a very similar experience, if that helps. Hopefully you continue to feel better!

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:21 pm

You had a nasty infection in the largest internal organ in your body.
Meds do not just switch off the damage, it takes time to recover.
Your getting well and all sounds normal.

g.g27
Brand New Poster

Postby g.g27 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:24 pm

Hi, I am currently having them same problem. I get the chills mostly in that evening and night. I had C.diff in June/July, but am now c.diff clear since last July. But I’m still having bad chills. Any idea what can help get rid of the chills soon? Please help.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:08 am

g-g27

The thread you have posted on is from 2016, you may not get any responses. You can start a new thread and more will see it.

If it has been a few months and you have recovered from CDIFF, follow up with your physician. Have them do some lab work and other testing to check what is going on

Hope you feel better soon

NanciT

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:13 am

I had chills every time i had the D but they were subsiding when the D was under control. You should talk to your physician and explain your symptoms and also ask to be checked for vitamin levels ,thyroid hormones,food allergens panel or even the mast cell disorder.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”