Vision changes

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
jjglad
Regular Contributor

Vision changes

Postby jjglad » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:33 pm

Just wondering if anyone experienced temporary vision changes during their CDiff? I have been on two rounds of Vancomycin and googled the thought of Vanco causing vision changes like blurred vision, but wasn't sure if that is just an extreme side effect?? Just wondering if anyone else has experienced vision changes or some blurred vision the longer they took Vancomycin??

TIA!

NikaNik
Long Time Contributor

Re: Vision changes

Postby NikaNik » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:39 pm

Hi, JJ!

I totally forgot that I had vision changes until I read your post. Earlier this year when I was on Vanco I had a little blurriness here and there, nothing crazy but I did notice it. I don't have it any longer.

Hope you are feeling better!
Nikki

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:40 pm

Hi JJ
I experienced that:blurred vision and sometimes i felt like the image is running.Can't explain why.

jjglad
Regular Contributor

Postby jjglad » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:00 pm

Thank you all so much! My PCP is sending me to a neurologist next to be tested for MS, etc. because I have so many of those symptoms. I don't mind ruling that out, but I firmly believe that CDiff has done a MAJOR number on my body and all of it's systems! Weakness, blurred vision, etc. Seems to me like that would come from being so sick the last 2 months, all while trying to take care of my 3 kids, etc. So frustrating that Drs. are not more aware of this horrible infection and what all it can cause! They just know it's bad...yes, obviously! I have lost 22 lbs!

Still tapering off the Vanco. have another day or so of 2x a day...so here's hoping I will start feeling "normal" again once I get over this misery!

OHHH, and lets not forget about the hair loss because of all the malnutrition, dehydration, etc! :(:(

Lee S
New User

Postby Lee S » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:38 pm

Hi JJ,

I found that coconut water was a life saver for rehydration for me plus it has the benefit of potassium. I purchased some biotin and it is helping both with the hair loss and fingernail problems which I experienced during CDI.

Lee

Michelle7198
Contributor

Postby Michelle7198 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:01 pm

I had all those symptoms for the first month after cdiff. They eventually went away, except the hair loss.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:22 am

Your hair should grow back gradually. If your vision problems persist, see an eye doc.

Maria52
Brand New Poster

Postby Maria52 » Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:34 am

Hi
Yes. Vision changes. Hard to describe. Notice small rectangular mixed light and color that comes and goes. Sometimes moves horizontally. Noticed when the other symptoms became severe I.e.. Weakness, sore and painful abdomin also comes and goes, diarhea of course, also having pressure in sinus areas a MB d general nauseous feeling. I'm on 8th day of Vancomycin 125 mg.
Not much change. The vision problem started about 2 months be fore diagnosis. Apparently I've had the c d iff along time. Probably due to the repeat antibiotics for resistant UTI which had returned again when diagnosed with diff.. Had to be treated for both with 2 antibiotics. Had been to 7 doctors and 2 hospitals over 11 months before Hospital ER and week stay before diagnosis. Amazing!

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”