SIBO

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
lillychamille
New User

SIBO

Postby lillychamille » Fri May 22, 2015 5:31 pm

So, now the doc is leaning toward SIBO. I get diarrhea and intestinal pain (? not really pain, but I can feel food moving through although I know that doesnt seem to make sense) along with mucous, gas, and weight loss every couple of months for a month or so. In between is what I call my fat and happy phase. I gain my weight back, I eat what I want (within reason), I don't feel my intestines, and I have normal bowel movements. And it is HEAVENLY! GI called in some VSL#3 DS to the pharmacy and it was going to cost me $314 for one month! So, VSL #3 (not DS) it is going to be until I can get in to get the SIBO breath test, a 5 hour drive away from me. Thankfully I have family near Dallas, Texas where the testing is, but still not really super excited about having to travel there for this reason.

I know a lot of people on here have been diagnosed with SIBO. Can anyone tell me their symptoms? Did Xifaxan treatment or VSL#3 or both work? Did you have to change your diet? I have read about the SCD diet, Paleo diet, etc., etc. and I have to say... I like food! I live in Texas and if I couldn't eat tortillas and drink Dr. Pepper occasionally, I might actually just crawl in a hole and wither away...
You WILL be okay!

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”