16 days Negative!!!!But Crohn's very active!

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Italia
Regular User

16 days Negative!!!!But Crohn's very active!

Postby Italia » Mon May 04, 2015 4:01 pm

So ....
I have had 3 recurrences of C.diff.Then i have try with vanco+xifaxan and its seems to be right...I never had D. since the beginning of med and in the end my stool became formed.
I have had 3 king of test..Antigen, toxins and again toxin...All negative...in two different times and Hospital.
I find out that am very intollerant to gluten, vegetables, sugar, fruits.
I star the Paleo Diet( only, fish and rice, or pasta rice).
I start today with Prednisone because i also have Crohn desease and my gut is overflared...
Im scared to take pred but mh gut is very flared.
I have sometimes ear ringing and leg cramps but very mild.
I hadnt no addominal pain or D just 3 moviments but formed...
I can explain some ear pain...i have had this pain during vanco...
little freaking out..

:(

Misscshell24
Long Time Contributor

Re: 16 days Negative!!!!But Crohn's very active!

Postby Misscshell24 » Mon May 04, 2015 6:37 pm

Congratulations on the negative c diff test! That's great news! Several have had ear ringing with vanco, check with your doctor. Sorry to hear your Chrons is acting up, hope the pred and paleo diet helps and you're feeling better very soon.
Michelle

getwellsoon
Long Time Contributor

Re: 16 days Negative!!!!But Crohn's very active!

Postby getwellsoon » Tue May 05, 2015 6:13 am

Glad you are getting those neg results for the CDiff, now its time to concentrate on the Crohns. You need to let the Dr. know about the ear ringing and cramps. They are probably side effects of your meds. See what he says to do and let us know. Hope it all goes away and your gut settles down. I have ear ringing also but its not from Vanco. Mine is mild and I have gotten used to it now. Hope you feel better soon.
CAROL

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”