Bea

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Bobbie
Administrator

Bea

Postby Bobbie » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:01 am

One of our hardest working mods, Bea, is having problems. She is on the site night and day to support others.Pls PM her with your prayers

NikaNik
Long Time Contributor

Re: Bea

Postby NikaNik » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:30 am

So sorry to hear this! Bea rocks. Will PM her now.

teresajo103
Regular Contributor

Postby teresajo103 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:45 pm

I sent her a message but since I am completely illiterate in the computer world....I just want her to know I am thinking about her and she has many prayers from me. Bea...if you are out there and can get this....you are awesome and you are in my heart and in my prayers. I am sorry you are having problems. You have the biggest heart.....and you are my friend. Love to you...TJ

seekingcure
Long Time Contributor

Postby seekingcure » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:37 pm

Thank you all who have posted and sent me PMs with thoughts and prayers. You guys are awesome and it means so much! I was too overwhelmed yesterday to share with everyone what is going on. After a year and a half post Vancomycin taper/pulse, I have tested positive again. I have had a bad URI for several weeks now and don't know if that is what allowed dormant spores to take over again or if I picked it up again somewhere. I have been taking a low dose of Macrobid and Ceftin for a short while for UTI prevention so that could have been a factor as well. Haven't visited anyone in the hospital or nursing home, but I have been to doctor's offices and urgent care facilities several times within the last few months. I am looking into FMT this go round. Don't want to do six months of Vanco again.
Bea

justme
Long Time Contributor

Postby justme » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:52 pm

I am so sorry you are going through this again, Bea. You are a tireless moderator and I greatly respect your thoughtful responses to issues of concern for those who suffer from this condition.
Take care and much aloha,
Anne

teresajo103
Regular Contributor

Postby teresajo103 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:30 pm

Oh go for it. The fmt was the smartest decision I ever made. I am getting stronger all the time. My weekend has been incredible and its been a long long time since I was able to say that. IBS stinks whether you have cdiff or not......but my flares are not as often and are lasting less and less time when they happen. Guess what I did....I ate a chili cheese dog today and it was delicious. I may pay for it tomorrow but I loved it today. My life is getting back to normal and fmt was my answer. I hope you are able to just get it done....remember at least 2 weeks of vanco is pretty much a certain.....but I hope it works out where it won't be much longer than that. Hugs for you girl.....tj

Dobies#1
Long Time Contributor

Postby Dobies#1 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:16 pm

Bea, I'm so sorry to hear this! It's scary to think a URI could cause it. I wouldn't be surprised if you picked up spores at a doctor's office since it's unfortunately everywhere. Ugh! Perhaps the Ceftin woke the spores up since it's a broad spectrum antibiotic, but who knows for sure. It just sucks that this dang illness exists! It sucks we can't even take antibiotics for something else without worrying about getting C Diff too! I think you should do the FMT and hopefully be rid of it for good! Saying many prayers and sending you a big hug!

GCTrailRunner
Contributor

Postby GCTrailRunner » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:51 am

Bea - Praying for a quick recovery for you. I wish I had an FMT - maybe that would ease my fears of it coming back. Good luck and get better soon. Thank you for all the advice and encouragement you have offered folks on this site.
Gloria

daisy
Regular User

Postby daisy » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:25 pm

I am sorry Bea you are again dealing with this, but be positive, you are going to beat it again!!! We are here to hear you and support you through the process as you have done with us!! You beat it once, and you can beat it twice!! xoxo

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Fri May 01, 2015 7:42 am

So sorry to hear this news, Bea. My prayers are with you. You will beat this beast again, and better days will come. You have offered so much help and insight to all of us, and we are all here for you too. Stay positive, and take one day at a time. Feel better real soon!

Lisa

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”