Urinary pain and rectal pain

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
handwasher
Regular Contributor

Urinary pain and rectal pain

Postby handwasher » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:55 pm

Well... I"m hanging in but I sure don't feel well. I finished flagyl a week or so ago. Feel much better than before but I have had terrible rectal pain and urinary pain. Mainly in the morning. A couple times this week in AM my rectum hurt so bad when I would go. It's like a pressure and sometimes nothing comes out. The urinary pain doesn't burn but it hurts when I start to urinate. I will call Dr in next couple days if it all doesn't stop. Also the fatigue is killing me. It's all I can do to make it thru the day at work.Has anyone experienced this? Any suggestions would be helpful! Sometimes I get an anxious feeling in my chest. I took an ativan today and it helped.

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: Urinary pain and rectal pain

Postby Bobbie » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:04 pm

See doc in case it is a UTI. make sure he/she does a cuture. In the meantime drink lots of water. Ask your doc re rectal pain. Could be caused by constipation but I am not a doc. Feel better.

Dobies#1
Long Time Contributor

Postby Dobies#1 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:58 pm

Handwasher, you may have an anal fissure. Those are painful! I got one from all the diarrhea and wiping from C Diff. I still have flares with it. Check with doc to make sure and to check for UTI though. Hang in there!

handwasher
Regular Contributor

Postby handwasher » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:42 pm

Well I have a UTI with white blood cells.He put me on Macrobid and sent it away for culture. I hope and pray I don't have to take cipro. I am sooo tired of this I just want to cry. It's so hard to work when you're sick and with my boss you could be dying and he doesn't care. I am still having M a bit but no D. Just bloated. Probably from probiotics. I'm taking kefir and florastor. I know macrobid is a low offender but still can cause more c-diff. I'm praying I don't get flu as working in pharmacy every customer has it. Oh I'm going to bed early. Everyone take care!

megan2
Regular Contributor

Postby megan2 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:02 pm

I want to recommend to you cottonelle freshcare flushable cleansing cloths. I get them at drugstore.com. They are amazing for a sore bottom. I use them all the time .

teresajo103
Regular Contributor

Postby teresajo103 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:10 pm

Oh wow....I understand how you feel. My doctor does not want to start antibiotics for uti until we get the culture back. I finally gave in and went to the er on Sunday night. They said I have a uti and need antibiotics. My husband said not until we talk to gastro doctor first. So, needless to say I am sick as a dog tonite and nobody is doing anything to fix it. I have been a water drinking machine and it doesn't burn near as bad. I started my Vsl#3 again and have felt pretty good today. I figure the culture will be back on Thursday or Friday and maybe they will do something then. I hope the medicine helps you. Sorry you don't feel well. Hugs and you are in prayers.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”