LATEST INFO TESTING & RELAPSING - READ

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
denizz
Regular User

Re: LATEST INFO TESTING & RELAPSING - READ

Postby denizz » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:15 am

jess2015 i am looking for exactly the same answer ...on my sons pcr test result it says toxin a and toxin b positive .. once i red somewhere that pcr test detects a special part of bacteries RNA that produces toxin a and b and thats why it is positive ...may be the dead bacteries or spores but tests reads the toxin producing part of bacteries and thats why they are so sure clostridium they catch are the ones that can produce toxin not the other harmless ones ...but still it is so annoying seeing on your test result toxin a and b positive and you are healty ..thats what happened to my son ..also i had an enzyme immunosay testing which is only for toxin itself but not as sensitive as pcr it was negative ..thats how i know pcr is not accurate to tell if u have toxins at the moment even it says on result paper ..

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:36 pm

This is an old thread so you probably will not get a response.

cruzman
New User

Postby cruzman » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:34 pm

Good info Bobbie thanks so much!!!!!!
100% service connect navy vet. my name is R. C.

Tired22
New User

Postby Tired22 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:35 pm

Interesting. Does this mean the EIA toxins A & B test is not reliable? Scared I have a false negative

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”