C Diff. ->H. Pylori Advice Please

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
mirah
Regular User

Re: C Diff. ->H. Pylori Advice Please

Postby mirah » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:45 pm

Wow Bobbie
youve been dealing with this for 21 years?
I guess once you have it you always have to be careful to take good care of yourself.
Did anyone here report having an allergy to florastor?
Since flagyll I can't tolerate any food but brat and potatoes. My doctor and I think maybe I'm sensitive to florastor because it has some lactose element in it.
He wants me to stop the florastor to see if my symptoms improve. I want to but I'm scared I'll get c diff again. So far I cut down to 2 a day and maybe I'll reduce to 1 but to stop is scary. I got c diff when I wasn't taking any antibiotics and hadn't for years. To me that says I don't have healthy flora.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:28 pm

I am allergic to Florastor. I get a rash as well as lots of gas and looser stools. I take a small amount of VSL#3. I even tried a different brand of the sac. boulardii, but the same thing happened. I guess my body doesn't like the yeast.

kwiatek7
Regular User

Postby kwiatek7 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:50 pm

Beth, have you been to a neurologist, what kind of testing would they do? They don’t test for SIBO right? I am really concerned about my health and I know something is still off, 6 months. I was on Flagyl twice and maybe this is normal, as I know it takes time but I am not sure how much. I had B12 and Folate checked and it was fine; would that knock out SIBO? I still have major anxiety even though C. Diff and H. Pylori was no longer detected, is that normal to? Will this go away with time?

Just wondering, have any of you guys broken out a lot, especially on the forehead while taking probiotics? I have such sensitive skin and all, stinks....
Thank you all for your help!

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”