Another Dificid question

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
MJsSupport
Contributor

Another Dificid question

Postby MJsSupport » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:45 pm

If you have taken Dificid and it's "worked" for you, how long with a recurrence have you gone? MJ is now on day 21 of no medication and no recurrence. This is the longest she's gone without meds or relapse since the original infection began 10/6/13. I am delighted, but afraid to get my hopes up because it's been such a rough and completely horrible road. But still... So if anyone has any input of their experience with Dificid, I'd love to hear it. MJ was on Vanco on and off for a full year, had 6 relapses, and had an FMT after which she also relapsed. We're sort of wrung out, to say the least. Information gleaned from THIS website may have saved her life. My thanks to each and every one of you! Nora

getwellsoon
Long Time Contributor

Re: Another Dificid question

Postby getwellsoon » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:45 pm

So happy for MJ and you also. I have gone over 2 yrs. without a relapse since taking the Dificid. I had recurring Cdiff for over a year and took mucho Vanco, Xifaxin and tried everything. If she has gone 21 days after all her relapses I would say that is great. Be on the lookout for PI IBS, which I did have. I had soft stools for quite a few months after being cured and also had problems with hemorrhoids. Mostly all of this has calmed down now. I pray she continues to heal now and her nightmare with Cdiff is over. Keep us posted and so glad the site helped her. thank you for saying so, we love to hear good things. Makes it worthwhile.
CAROL

MJsSupport
Contributor

Postby MJsSupport » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:13 pm

Thanks, Carol. That's just what I needed to hear.
Honestly, if I hadn't read about Dificid on this support forum, MJ would probably still be doing the Vanco/relapse/Vanco/relapse dance.
I am truly hoping this works for her for her sake, but also because I want that $%#! Doctor to recognize that sometimes circumstances REQUIRE you look outside the box! Dagnabbit! LOL!
Nora

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:02 pm

Glad the site has been helpful, and MJ appears to be better. Three weeks is encouraging. I had numerous reoccurrence on Vanco. but felt confident I was over C. diff. at six weeks. There have been reoccurrences later than that, but they are rare.

Every day is a day closer to MJ's complete recovery. Keep us posted.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:52 pm

So happy to read MJ has done well since off the Dificid. I have been following Dificid closely on this site and tried to read everything about it.

I have read many Positive stories. I was on a 10 day round of it following a 6 weeks Vanco taper. I did relapse but it was quick(14 days).

I have been on a second round of Dificid and this time I am doing a pulse taper. In between I had a UTI and had to take an antibiotic but the doctor kept me on it. I am now down to 1 every 3rd day.
For the first time in 9 months, I am getting stronger, eating and starting to feel like myself. I still have some abd pain but minimal. I believe I have IBS symptoms but they are improving.

I have great Hope this Dificid will do it!!

Wishing both you and MJ the best and better days ahead!

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”