Pneumonia

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
drkfaery
New User

Pneumonia

Postby drkfaery » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:15 pm

Hello all. I had c-diff for over a year back in 2004, and was cured from fecal infusions. My case history is here under Valerie's history, but I lost my account from inactivity I guess. I was just diagnosed with pneumonia and given Biaxin to take for 7 days. This is the first time I've taken them since my c-diff and I'm really scared. Any helpful advice to make this easier? Thanks to anyone who can help.

gm37
Long Time Contributor

Re: Pneumonia

Postby gm37 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:09 pm

I am sorry that you have pneumonia.
Wow! You have done well to stay away from antibiotics.
It is quite a worry. You will have to treat the pneumonia. Can you treat it with anything a bit safer..like a z-pack?
Whatever you take, I would recommend you eat yogurt and maybe take some probiotics while you are on the medication.
Good luck. Let's hope and pray that your healthy body keeps the c-diff in check.
Anne

getwellsoon
Long Time Contributor

Postby getwellsoon » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:31 am

Yes, I would load up on the probiotics and yogurt, anything to keep the good flora from dying out. Good luck and hope you can cure this illness without causing a relapse. Keep us posted. Carol
CAROL

Kathy George
Long Time Contributor

Postby Kathy George » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:46 pm

I was cured 3 ½ years ago by fecal infusions as well. I still have an immense fear of antibiotic therapy. Thus far, I have been fortunate and have not had a need to implement antibiotic treatment. Most likely, your gut flora has become completely re-established and antibiotics treatment may not have an adverse effect. However, one never knows as C-Diff is such a peculiar beast. I definitely would increase my daily intake of natural probiotics. Hopefully, the beast will not show it’s ugly head again. Take care now and please keep us updated!!!
Kathy
I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders.

drkfaery
New User

Postby drkfaery » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:26 pm

Thank you everyone for the well wishes and good advice. I'm on day 5 and my stomach is just now starting to feel a bit yucky, but that happens with antibiotics no matter what. Hopefully drinking my Bio-K twice a day will be enough to sustain my good bacteria. 2 more days to go! Good health to all. :)

drkfaery
New User

Postby drkfaery » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:39 pm

Hello all. I'm once again having to take antibiotics this time for bronchitis. My question is, I'm taking it 3 times a day. What would be the timing to take my Bio-K? Also can I take pepto during this time to deal with my tummy problems? Thanks to everyone. Wishing you all all good health.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”