Diane in Southern California

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Bobbie
Administrator

Re: Diane in Southern California

Postby Bobbie » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:44 am

Diane,
I've had C. diff. off and on for a very long time - my son also had it. After many years of being on this site and reading various articles, the only thing I can tell you "for sure" is that nothing is "for sure." Most people can eventually eat a fairly normal diet - sometimes with the exception of dairy products and excess sugar. It is the "disease of trial and error." Some people keep a food diet. I eventually got sick of the whole thing and practice, "Everything in moderation, nothing to excess."
Do not "beat yourself up" over what you did/did not do, however. Instead, do positive things and try to think positive. If you can, do some form of exercise - won't "cure" your C. diff. but will help you cope with it. Reward yourself on your good days. You are dealing with a "tricky" disease.

Kathy George
Long Time Contributor

Re: Diane in Southern California

Postby Kathy George » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:50 pm

Vanco tapering treatment has a huge success rate. Try to stay focus, watch your diet as, at times, food intolerances can mimic C-Diff symptoms, don’t get discourage and, finally, know that support on this site is available 24/7. Take care!!!
Kathy
I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”