Strep throat

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Ygy
Regular User

Strep throat

Postby Ygy » Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:41 pm

Hi!

I’m cdiff survivor x3. Now im 5 years in remission. 37 yo female.

I now have strep throat it’s very painful. What is a good narrow spectrum antibiotic I should suggest? I’m not going to take penicillin or amoxicillin.

Or should o try to tough it out? I’ve already been sick since Thursday. It’s now Sunday .

History of cdiff below

2013- 1 occurrence' from
patient exposure when I was an RN age 26 at the time and also pregnant

2017- 2 occurrence took Macrobid for a UTI 30 years old and pregnant

2018- 3rd occurrence unknown but probably from hospital stay after I had my 3rd baby. 32 years old.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Strep throat

Postby NanciT » Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:20 pm

Hi

Welcome to the site. Sorry about finding us here and your experiences with CDIFF. For those of us who sadly end up taking antibiotics, I recommend having an ID on board, They are really the only one that can direct you. Did you get a Positive culture?? Did they do a regular TC with Sensitivities? As you know as a nurse it's really important to know.

As far as treating, I am sure you are using the typical saline rinses and home care most recommended. If I were you, I would make sure those tests were done especially if symptoms persist. You want to avoid this getting worse.

No one here can recommend a specific antibiotic although we do have a list of lower offender. When dealing with infections, that is why sensitivities are so important.

Wishing you the best...hope you are feeling better soon

NanciT

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”