Its been a loooong time

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
gibbygirl
New User

Its been a loooong time

Postby gibbygirl » Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:13 am

Hello everybody!

I had hoped to never have to post here again. It's been a rocky past few weeks for me and my whole family. We all got sick with Covid-19 very badly. Seem to be on the road to recovery for that, but still dealing with secondary infections (sinus, and ear). So the doctor put me on a z-pak (which I have had a couple of times since the cdiff and tolerated ok, 2x for a sinus infection and 1x for an ear infection) but this time just feels different to me, and we all know how anxiety can make everything worse. This fear and anxiety of cdiff coming back never leaves us no matter how many years have gone by. I guess I'm just looking for reassurance, I'm on day 3 of my z-pak, and I am having loose bowels, unformed and gas. Also, burping, burping burping which was looking back on my past posts apparently was also a symptom for me. It scares me so much, and the anxiety also makes its worse too, I've always had what I call gippy guts (my emotions and fear make me loose as well). Also because of the covid, my sense of smell is gone and that freaks me out that I won't be able to tell about my bowels and the cdiff smell. UGH. Anyways, God Bless this board for still being online after all of these years. I certainly hope everyone is doing well themselves and NOT sick with anything (especially covid or cdiff) Trying to stay calm and taking lots of probiotics but I'm out of practice. What ones are the best again for stopping *d with antibiotics? I'm taking a few different ones, PB8, dr ohiras, a new one called Jarro-Dophilus Gut Calm. not all at once but throughout the day. Its still scary. Any words to comfort dear friends?

-Adrienne

GtrGrl
Regular Contributor

Re: Its been a loooong time

Postby GtrGrl » Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:35 pm

I’m sorry you’re unwell. Apparently Covid can cause gut issues so it may be that that’s causing the symptoms. S Boulardii is often suggested to help and I’ve seen Florestor in particular mentioned a lot on the boards.

Hope it’s not The Dreaded and that you get well soon.

gibbygirl
New User

Postby gibbygirl » Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:41 pm

I think I am doing better, I am taking a lot of probiotics throughout the day and it seems to be lessening the *d. This AM I had just slushy loose and not outright *d so I thought that was a small victory! I am continuing to take probiotics and will do so after I finish the z-pak as I've heard that it stays in your system for 10 days after. Thanks for the reassurance it really helped calm me! The Jarro-Dophilus Gut calm is an excellent product. I have really felt much better on it. I highly recommend to anyone forced to take antibiotics! Here is a link if anyone is interested: https://jarrow.com/products/jarro-dophi ... eggie-caps

Feeling a little calmer,
-Adrienne

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:35 am

I used to get D from Zpak way before I ever had c diff. Just because the stools are looser, doesn't mean it is c difficile. Give it some more time. Covid can mess up your GI tract too. If things get worse, then contact the doctor, but hopefully as the meds get out of your system and the Covid resolves completely, you will feel better and symptoms will subside.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”