flora stor

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
biagina1
Brand New Poster

flora stor

Postby biagina1 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:30 am

My question is this. When prescribed an eye antibiotic for cataract surgery, I was told it was not systemic. I did not take my flora stor as suggested by my GI prior to and with the antibiotic. I have c diff symptoms 2 weeks after stopping the antibiotic called polymyxin B Sulfate Trimethropin. Does it help to take flora stor when symptoms appear? Waiting anxiously for test results. This would be my second c diff.

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: flora stor

Postby Bobbie » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:04 pm

Welcome to the site. Read the first forum for the history of the site and the rules of posting.

The eye is self contained so there was probably no absorption. I am prone to c diff and used the same antibiotic without a problem.

Probiotics are a "maybe" solution. They help some and don't help others. If they helped before, try them again.

If this continues, call your doc. Some develop IBS after c diff - similar symptoms. A pain in the arse but not serious.

Best wishes and keep posting.

Ali-Mar
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ali-Mar » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:49 am

Yes, Florastor is normally helpful. I seen folks on this site beating C Diff using Florastor only
Male 54, contracted C-Diff on Feb 5, 2020, diagnosed on March 2nd, Took Flagyl for 8 days, Vanco for 10 days, relapsed 5 weeks post-Vanco. finished Dificid Taper on June 20 relapsed two weeks later, had the FMT on July 14th, 2020

LHutz
Regular Contributor

Postby LHutz » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:35 pm

There is a study that found florastor was helpful in preventing c. diff relapses. But it's not a miracle cure and anybody who says that taking Florastor alone cured them of an active c. diff infection is probably incorrect.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”