Low grade c diff?

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Belissa2
New User

Low grade c diff?

Postby Belissa2 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:51 pm

Can someone explain what a low grade c diff infection can consist of?? And if you should treat it with symptoms being mild.

Musings
Regular Contributor

Re: Low grade c diff?

Postby Musings » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:03 pm

What do you mean by the symptoms being mild?

From my understanding, many cases of c.diff are handled by our own balance of bacteria, etc. and do not require treatment so I suppose this could be classified as low grade c.diff but if you are experiencing 3+ episodes of watery diarrhea for 3+ days then would say it's more than "low grade".

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:38 am

A low grade infection is explained like a minor infection , a small colony that doesn't make large amounts of toxins not enough to be detected on a regular EIA test. Because the bacterial burden is not high the symptoms are mild as well ,D is not as frequent (like is in the full blown infection) , abdominal discomfort , sometimes mucus but usually no blood etc.

Belissa2
New User

Postby Belissa2 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:17 pm

That makes sense. Would that need treatment though or in your opinion would that just get better over time?? I’m thinking I have post ibs. Some days my stool is formed but smaller pieces. Sometimes it has more mucus. Some odd days I have mush w mucus. I don’t have pain. Sometimes but rare I’ll get cramps but not bad. And only do I ever notice anything after eating usually. If I didn’t eat all day I wouldn’t need to use the bathroom. But I’m down to going 1-3 times a day. Another annoyance is that I can hear my stomach make noises after eating. Is that normal in recovery too?

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”