COLD MEDS

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
okaylo
Regular Contributor

COLD MEDS

Postby okaylo » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:10 pm

Since having cdiff and two fecal transplants I have been leery of any medications including cold medications. I won't even take an Advil these days... Anyways, does anyone know if Zicam is safe to take or does it pose as any type of risk? It says it's just Zinc. I know it would probably do no harm but thought I would ask.

I am currently taking Questran due to unpredictable bowel habits because of my IBS and I know medications have to be taken 4 hours apart from that or an hour prior to taking Questran.

Thanks for any suggestions.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Re: COLD MEDS

Postby georgina » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:30 am

You can search the article about Zinc in Media Reports.It's been studied that high dietary Zinc may worsen a Cdiff infection.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”