New Symptoms

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Whyme111
Regular User

New Symptoms

Postby Whyme111 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:08 pm

Hi,
I have just dropped down to 1 vanco pill a day but since I tapered to 2 a day, I have been experiencing more bloating, some crampiness and less bowel movements compared to when I was on 4 pills a day. Feels more like constipation... My lower back is achy at times as well. My Dr has mentioned post infectious ibs. I have had issues in the past with ibs-c however I wasn't familiar with post infectious ibs. Is there a difference? The smell is still way different from when I didn't have this infection too, so that was another concern. I'm trying not to overthink everytime I use the restroom but this illness has scarred me. I'm continuing to take my probiotics as the Dr instructed. I'm new to this site, so please forgive me if these questions have already been answered. Thanks!

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: New Symptoms

Postby NanciT » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:48 pm

The best thing to do is complete your treatment and know that it takes time to recover. Post IBS is common and BM's can be all over the place. Go easy on the diet and introduce foods slowly. The gut needs time to recover.
If C becomes a problem, talk with your GI
You are nearly there, wishing you the best in recovery!

NanciT

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Re: New Symptoms

Postby georgina » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:28 am

Usually , every time you drop down a dosage you will experince gut discomfort , until the gut adjusts to the lower dosage. Try not to worry too much unless frequent D comes back with urgency and abdominal pain comes back or blood , everything else is just what we like to call "typical recovery" after Cdiff.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”