Update on my case

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Lid49
Regular Contributor

Update on my case

Postby Lid49 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:46 pm

Hi again
There are 3 weeks after I tested, I had 2 Fmt and on week 11 started D, I was in Er Mayo and tested negative antigen. After few days my I'D. DR tested me again and PCR was positive. D stoped after that no treatment per I'D, Dr. . I started enteragam and bland diet and for 3weeks no D I gain 4 ponds, I was doing fine, M from time to time 2 or 3 times a day using restroom. Today D . I may be colonised PCR positive per on my I'd DR or again I have Cdiff, My husband finished treatment 2 weeks ago he had cdiff from antibiotic . I'm lost and tired i have moment thinking that i will loose my life becose of cdiff.
Thank you Lidia.

OCmama
Regular Contributor

Re: Update on my case

Postby OCmama » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:39 pm

I am praying for you and your husband. I pray for strength and healing for you both.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:39 pm

I have been testing positive on PCR since June 2016. I guess I am colonized. If you test negative on EIA or antigen, then that is not considered an active infection.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:03 am

I am in the "same boat" as you , I am considered a carrier with very mild symptoms . My doctors said that my symptoms are more matched to the IBS and not CDiff and that the Cdiff test is nothing to worry. I've been testing positive trough EIA (toxin A) since sept 2016 and nothing bad happened during this time period, I mean I had no full blown symptoms.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”