Do you still have aches nd pains?

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
sophie
Regular Contributor

Do you still have aches nd pains?

Postby sophie » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:42 pm

Hi everyone. I'm almst 4 mnths post c-diff treatment . My BM's are back to normal, I still eat mostly bland foods, etc. My problem is I wake up a couple tmes durimg the night with an aching pain across my upper abdomen. I've tried bentil and Hyosamine (sp), Myllnta, Maalox. Nothing seems to help. I've seen Neurologist, Urologist and have had an endoscopy with no problems showing. My urologist says my gut has been though a lot and to just give it time. I find it frustrating. Is anyone else still dealing with after c-diff pain with unkown origin???
Thanks.

Allenj
New User

Re: Do you still have aches nd pains?

Postby Allenj » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:55 am

Hello Sophie!

Yes I'm having abdominal cramps and mild pain on and off throughout the day in addition to fatigue as well. Sometimes I feel real good, other times, especially a few hours or so before a BM, my colon cramps in certain areas. What I eat does seem to have an effect on it. One thing that does help is that Organic Raw Ginger Kombucha. It naturally has Saccharomyces boulardii, Bacillus Coagulans and other beneficial compounds in it. The Tantric Turmeric is very good as well... so give that a shot and tell me if it works for you. That ginger sauce at Benihanas really made me feel good after eating loads of it... miso soup, real sourdough bread (shouldn't have yeast in it) and turmeric spice on everything! It seems to be helping me more so then when I don't consume any of these. I get a lot of gas sometimes, and that def. causes cramping and some funny types of pains that make me feel anxious. My GI told me this will go on for several months and to be patient. In the mean time, try to help your gut flora establish itself as best as you can... don't know if it will ever get to baseline though... guess everyone is different.

sophie
Regular Contributor

Postby sophie » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:50 am

Hi and thanks for your reply. I'm going to look at a few of the things you use. Just curious - where re you in recovery? (e.g., 3 months post treatment)?
Have a great day.

Allenj
New User

Postby Allenj » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:44 pm

I wish I was 3 months out! I'm ~1 month off from a Vancomycin Taper. I was finally at 1x 125mg every 3rd Day for 2 weeks then off the vancomycin. I can eat soft spring salad again (organic triple washed) with some ginger miso dressing... at least for now! ;) Try to get as much fermented foods as you can safely. ~40% of Meat has the c diff spores... so if you eat meat, make sure it's very very well cooked... like > 180 because even cooking at 160 for 2 hours doesn't kill those critters. Homemade Red Wine has some alternate bacteria in it that might help as well... gotta get dirty with safe bacteria and some not so safe that won't get your sick either. That Kombucha has some naturally occurring SBOs, Bacillus Coagulans, which some people claim to help. I would think after 4 months, that you're safe. You're just experiencing the dreaded post IBS which can last a while... Another one that seems to help some folks is homemade barley water.

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:08 am

Sophie, if your GI has cleared you I wouldn't worry, but you didn't mention your GI.

4 yrs post c diff I started having unknown abdominal pains again and was due for a colonoscopy so moved it up and it showed nothing. They finally went away. However they never were bad enough to wake me up, but nothing helped take them away when they occurred off and on all day. I did have PI IBS and it was never sure whether or not they were from that or not. I just had to chalk them up as another gift from c diff.

I wish I had more definite help for you.
Rita

sophie
Regular Contributor

Postby sophie » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:23 pm

Thanks for your note Rita.
The GI cleared me after the endosscopy. Nothing showed up on that at all. I did it as an ER doctor suggested it. The GI would like to do a
colonscopy but i'm afraid of doing it right now. Would like to be about 6 months post c-diff. It that a stupid thought?

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:36 pm

No, none of those thoughts are stupid...we all have concerns post CDIFF, it can be so very hard to get over. I am 3 years out and just had an endoscopy which was clear. I am reluctant to have a colonoscopy because my flora is finally back to a new normal and I know a Prep will mess it up.

My abdominal pain has been on and off(mild) since CDIFF or in my case part of the post IBS. I did have a CTw/contrast a year ago when I had a lot of abdominal pain which was negative other then the hernia I developed from all the vomiting I had during CDIFF.

Everyone is different, some have no pain at all....then there is the rest of us.....

NanciT

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”