C Diff hit me, very bad month of April

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: C Diff hit me, very bad month of April

Postby beth22 » Wed May 17, 2017 1:33 am

Florastor did not agree with me either. I got cramps and looser stools. Some of the others gave me cramps and D - Culturelle and Align, for example. I finally found VSL#3 and just took a small part of a capsule and that was ok. Everyone is different. Florastor works great for some and not for others. See what happens without it. Hopefully, that was the cause of your discomfort.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Wed May 17, 2017 2:08 pm

There are several anti-spasmodic meds that might help you but are not addictive. Ask your doc about Bentyl and Levsin.

I have not had active c diff for over four years but have been miserable lately. I have (supposedly) IBS with diarrhea and constipation.Went to GI. He suggest daily Miralax - I do not do well on it.

I asked about Bentyl - which I have not taken for years. He gave me a script and I took one capsule several times when I had pain and cramping - with good results.

Best of luck and let us know how you are doing.

tennisD
New User

Postby tennisD » Mon May 22, 2017 3:12 pm

Well posting back up after almost another week.

Every day I improve. I am almost to the point where I do not feel anything too weird in my abdomen area. Every now and then a slight pain or twinge but nothing major.

I've gone back to pretty much eating most anything. I do still need to avoid overly spicy or acidic foods as I've noticed that drinking too much coke or after eating spicy Thai it makes my system a little tender.

It might be too early to call but maybe I am one of the lucky people who does not have a relapse.

I go back for my liver tests Thursday and if I can just get cleared on those then I'll be in great shape.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Tue May 23, 2017 1:08 am

Sounds as if you are doing well. I wish you continued good health.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Tue May 23, 2017 3:47 am

It seems to me that you are one of the lucky people that don't go trough PI-IBS after Cdiff , although i would be more carefull about food choices , at least for awhile , eat healthy foods and avoid alcohol and sugary treats .

tennisD
New User

Postby tennisD » Wed May 24, 2017 10:32 am

georgina wrote:
> It seems to me that you are one of the lucky people that don't go trough
> PI-IBS after Cdiff , although i would be more carefull about food choices ,
> at least for awhile , eat healthy foods and avoid alcohol and sugary treats
> .

Well I might not be so lucky.
Past 2 days I've had some major pains and cramping.
My BM's have become "softer" although not D.

Trying to understand why/how this could have happened out of nowhere.

Might be food related.
Only consistency between the last 2 days was both days I had turkey and quinoa for dinner.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Wed May 24, 2017 10:56 am

IBS could be triggered by food , anxiety etc . Carefull about your food choices , quinoa might not sit well with your sensitive gut. Try a heathing pad for the pain or talk to your doctor about antispasmodics , might help.

amyc
Long Time Contributor

Postby amyc » Thu May 25, 2017 3:42 pm

If it continues or worsens, don't hesitate to contact your doctor. No reason to have a horrible weekend of relapse if your doctor will write a prescription of vanco to keep in case you get worse.

amyc
Long Time Contributor

Postby amyc » Thu May 25, 2017 3:49 pm

I couldn't take florastor either. It made me absolutely miserable. Hopefully your issues over the past couple of days are just stress-related, but if you get worse you should probably get tested for C diff to check for relapse.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”