Probiotic - Bio-K+

Treatments, possible treatments, unsubstantiated/unproven treatments. Consult your doctor first.

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:56 pm

I just started using a Probiotic - Bio-K+. Bio-K+ is a live probiotic product that gives your body a significant amount (at least 50 billion cells) of fresh, live and active friendly bacteria. So far so good. My C-Diff has not returned and I am feeling great. Been on Flagyl 3 times and it kept returning. You can read about Bio-K+ at: <!-- BBCode auto-link start --><a href="http://www.biokplus.com/" target="_blank">http://www.biokplus.com/</a><!-- BBCode auto-link end --> Read the latest press release as it gives good information. I am going to stay on this for a good month and will post my results. Feel free to email me if you have any questions.

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:57 pm

Beverly, <BR> <BR>If you have a problem with dairy, BioK Plus is not for you! It's a dairy based product. If you gfo to the BioK website, it will provide a list of places to purchase it. It comes in small plastic bottles (3.5 oz.) and in upstate NY cost $26 for 6 of the little bottles. I think that's kind of pricey, but did try it out. I can only use 1 tsp at a time, as I'm lactose intolerant. Just thought you'd want to know.

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:57 pm

Kari, <BR> <BR>Sharyn told me that if you are taking antibiotics (which are wiping out your good bacteria anyway) and taking Diflucan (which is a systemic medication and wipes out all yeast - good and bad - from your entire body) then you are leaving only the little bit of good bacteria left in your colon to do all the fighting against c.diff. Although I have not taken any antibiotics since August 27, I don't believe I've had enough time to let my good bacteria repopulate. It's only been 7 weeks off of vanco for me (I had to take a course of Macrobid a week after I finished vanco for a UTI), so until I can get a good 7-9 months under my belt, I'm not touching Diflucan. If you are having problems with yeast, ask your doctor about good old fashioned genetian violet. It's homeopathic, very safe for anyone who is afraid to put more chemicals in their body and works like a charm against yeast!

Crapshoot
New User

Postby Crapshoot » Sun May 07, 2006 2:44 am

I have been using Bio-K for a week and it works for me.

Crapshoot
New User

From the horses mouth

Postby Crapshoot » Sat May 13, 2006 6:08 am

"Laval biotech company Bio-K+ International inc. is proud to
announce that its product has proven effective in significantly reducing
antibiotic-associated diarrhea (AAD) and demonstrated a strong trend in
neutralizing the Clostridium difficile bacteria."

http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/
August2004/19/c2638.html?view=print

Knitter
Regular Contributor

Postby Knitter » Sun May 14, 2006 4:27 pm

Bio-K+ has a lactose free Bio-K+ probiotic for people who cannot tolerate lactose at this time, they also have a fruit flavoured product. The store when I am purchasing it advised me that the best way to take it is in a smoothy, as the milk (I use lactose free milk) feeds the probiotic before it even leaves your stomache. This is the one I am going to start taking tomorrow. I am really excited about this product after all I have read and heard about it, as is my family in hopes this will finally get me healthy!

My daughter bought me a "personal" sized blender for Mother's Day to make my smoothies with. It holds 20 oz. and has the blender type top, and also a travel mug type top, the base of it fits into most car cup holders. She got it at Walmart for under $20.00. I went and got an ice pack at the dollar store for when I travel to my daughter's and the trailer as this product MUST be kept refrigerated. I also had an insulated lunch bag from when I was working, so I will be able to keep my probiotic nice and cold wherever I go.

Cross your fingers for me. My appointment is at noon tomorrow with the ID and then I will go straight to the store to get the probiotic. By 2 o'clock I should be drinking my first probiotic smoothy.
Vancocin 250 mg. 4 X daily, Bio-K+, 4 acidophilis pills. IBS, Type II Diabetes, A-typical Menieres. C. Diff. 6X/11 months til May/2006; recurred Sept. 26, 2010.
Take care, stay safe and be happy!
Knitter

Christina
Long Time Contributor

Postby Christina » Mon May 15, 2006 9:02 am

Knitter,
Let me kno whow the smoothies come out and how you're making them.I might give it a try.I'lll check out the blender.
Yesterday, I added my second Bio-K.I took 1 in the morning,1/2 with lunch and another 1/2 before I went to bed.This morning so far, no problems.

Knitter
Regular Contributor

Postby Knitter » Mon May 15, 2006 9:12 am

Recipe for Smoothies:

- chunks of fruit, frozen or fresh
- 4-6 ice cubes
- 3/4 cup of milk (lactose free) or yogurt
- Bio-K+

Put ingredients in blender and blend for 30 seconds or until ice is crushed and ingredients are smooth. Pour into large glass and ENJOY!
Vancocin 250 mg. 4 X daily, Bio-K+, 4 acidophilis pills. IBS, Type II Diabetes, A-typical Menieres. C. Diff. 6X/11 months til May/2006; recurred Sept. 26, 2010.
Knitter

Christina
Long Time Contributor

Postby Christina » Mon May 15, 2006 9:21 am

Thanks.I'll give it a try.

Knitter
Regular Contributor

Postby Knitter » Mon May 15, 2006 1:24 pm

I just had my first Bio-K+ smoothie, and it doesn't taste too bad at all done this way. Good luck!
Knitter

Knitter
Regular Contributor

Postby Knitter » Tue May 30, 2006 7:58 am

Just started week three on Bio-K+. No D, no problems. There is some urgency first thing in the morning, but nothing I can't handle. I have more energy and feel better than I have in a long time. I am using the lactose free Bio-K+ and it does not seem to bother me at all. I make it into a Banana Smoothie and can't even taste the Bio-K+.
Knitter

Return to “Treatments”