Deworming drug

Treatments, possible treatments, unsubstantiated/unproven treatments. Consult your doctor first.
dstick5a
New User

Deworming drug

Postby dstick5a » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:38 pm

I'm amazed at how many drugs I am finding that say they can help and yet it's not well known

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-018-07705-w

"...Here, we show that the anthelmintic drug, niclosamide, inhibits the pathogenesis of all three toxins by targeting a host process required for entry into colonocytes by each toxin. In mice infected with an epidemic strain of C. difficile, expressing all three toxins, niclosamide reduced both primary disease and recurrence, without disrupting the diversity or composition of the gut microbiota. Given its excellent safety profile, niclosamide may address an important unmet need in preventing C. difficile primary and recurrent diseases...."

filgood
Brand New Poster

Re: Deworming drug

Postby filgood » Sat May 02, 2020 10:45 pm

I'm an idiot because I bought this from Thailand, tried it at 2 pills per day (2000mg) and it didn't really help so I threw it out. But I just re-read the study you posted and it said the effects were dose-dependent with 50mg/kg providing full protection. That would be 5000mg for me. I might buy it again and try it. Here in Australia though you can get it for pets but also has Levimasole mixed in which apparently can cause really horrible skin eruptions in humans.

Return to “Treatments”