Dificid

Treatments, possible treatments, unsubstantiated/unproven treatments. Consult your doctor first.
AngelaB
New User

Dificid

Postby AngelaB » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:30 pm

Hi all:

I have had a long story with c-diff. This is my 3rd go-around. The 2 previous times I was "cured" with Vancomycin. This time, after a long Vanco taper as the result of 2-3 recurrences, I relapsed again. I wanted to try Dificid, as I have heard that it has a lower rate of recurrence, however I am not sure this is for someone who is experiencing C-diff for the first time. I am now on day 5 and, although I am not running to the bathroom constantly nor passing blood or mucus, I still don't feel great. I still have a lot of abdominal pain (in my sides, not my lower belly) and a soreness in my rectum. At times, it almost feels like I'm constipated. Is this normal? I seemed to feel better on the Vanco after a few days of the meds. Has anyone had success with Dificid after failing a long taper with Vanco? Any thoughts on taking Florastor along with the Dificid? Any response would be appreciated. Happy Thanksgiving!

Angela

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Dificid

Postby NanciT » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:46 pm

Hi Angela

I answered you on the other thread but did not see this. I also went through MONTHS of Vanco. Probably a total on 4 months. Dificid works, it can be more difficult to take and post DIficid it took a long time for me to recover. It does work, try and hang in there. Treatment and recovery can take time.

NanciT

Return to “Treatments”