MucoVax Press Release

Treatments, possible treatments, unsubstantiated/unproven treatments. Consult your doctor first.

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 26, 2003 8:09 am

Press release <BR> <BR>Dutch biotech company MucoVax raises EURO 3.1 million <BR> <BR>Leiden, the Netherlands, November 21, 2003 – MucoVax a Dutch biotech company today announces the closing of a EURO 3.1 million financing round. MucoVax has reached a financing agreement with the venture capital firm inventages for an investment of EURO 2.5 million. The present investors co-invest another EURO 0.6 million. This capital enables MucoVax to accelerate its nutraceutical product development for a range of bioactive milk ingredients with specific functionalities suited for prevention and treatment of diseases. <BR> <BR>MucoVax, founded in 1998, focuses its development and production efforts on bioactive milk proteins (polyclonal immunoglobulins) derived from non-GMO animals. The milk-derived ingredients can be applied in a broad range of nutraceutical products i.e. clinical nutrition and therapeutic diets, infant nutrition, food supplements, functional foods and personal care products. <BR> <BR>inventages venture capital GmbH is a fund management company specialized in life sciences. The company invests into MucoVax with its second fund “Life Ventures” which was closed in 2002 with an investment capital of EURO 150 million. This fund is specialized to a large extend on life sciences with the emphasis on preventing diseases. The investment focus includes among others on innovative food, nutrition, green biotech, diagnostics, bioactives, food safety and delivery systems addressing needs and trends of the food, cosmetics, personal care and pharmaceutical applications. <BR> <BR>MucoVax first product, MucoMilk®, is a milk protein with specific immunological activity against the gut pathogen Clostridium difficile, which is associated with diarrhea and affects world wide millions of people. MucoMilk® contains immunoglobulins that neutralize and eliminate the Clostridium bacteria and its harmful toxins. MucoMilk® is active and safe as demonstrated in clinical case reports. The clinical results were recently presented at the congress of the Infectious Diseases Society of America, San Diego, 9-12, October 2003 for the first time. Additional information is available on MucoVax website. <BR> <BR>MucoVax and inventages expect that the food, cosmetic, personal care and pharmaceutical industry will apply MucoVax bioactive milk protein specialties into end products with health-promoting properties. <BR> <BR> <BR>Note to the editor: <BR>For more information contact: <BR> <BR>For Inventages Venture Capital For MucoVax <BR>Dr. Robert Schier, Partner Drs ir Wim van Donselaar, CEO <BR>Tel: ++41 21 8230004 Tel: ++31 71 524 3064 <BR>E-mail: <!-- BBcode auto-mailto start --><a href="mailto:robert.schier@inventages.com">robert.schier@inventages.com</A>">robert.schier@inventages.com">robert.schier@inventages.com</A></a><!-- BBCode auto-mailto end --> E-mail:<A HREF="mailto:wvandonselaar@mucovax.nl <BR>URL: <!-- BBCode auto-link start --><a href="http://www.inventages.com" target="_blank">www.inventages.com</a><!-- BBCode auto-link end --> URL: <!-- BBCode auto-link start --><a href="http://www.mucovax.nl" target="_blank">www.mucovax.nl</a><!-- BBCode auto-link end -->

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 01, 2003 3:41 pm

Ithoerig, <BR>Thanks for the info. We will hope and pray that your product will help C. diff. sufferers. I'm going to post the info. in the FAQ section under "New Treatments for C. diff."Is MucoVax currently available in the USA and if so, where? Please keep us advised on any further info.

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 17, 2004 5:06 pm

How can I obtain Mucomilk for fighting c.difficile? I live in the Chicago area.

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 17, 2004 6:33 pm

Alex- Mucomilk is not available in the U.S. I have a friend who recently contacted Mucovax in the Netherlands and they want her doctor to email them. She missed the trials, but they are going to correspond with her doctor anyway. She will let me know if anything comes of it.

Return to “Treatments”