Bee Pollen

Treatments, possible treatments, unsubstantiated/unproven treatments. Consult your doctor first.

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 25, 2003 11:13 am

Ok guys Im not trying to sell anything.. I am only telling about my experience. I have had a sever clostridium infection for years, since i was prescribed cipro for a kidney infection. They put me on flagal which helped but the symptoms of excess gas and explosive diarrhea, bleeding etc came back within a week of coming off the flagal. I have been eating a bowl of plain yogurt night and day and that got rid of the symptoms but if I forgot to eat it for more than 2 days the symptoms returned. I recently had a bad case of pollen allergies and the guy at the herb store sold me some locally grown bee-pollen. it is not in capsules it is raw bee pollen grains.. It tastes like crud but I took it for about a week. After my allergies went away I stopped taking it and I just now realized it has been a whole week since i last ate yogurt, and I have had no symptoms at all. Completely solid stools no bleeding no gas... I am convinced the bee pollen was responsible. I talked to biology prof. and he said be pollen contained a large variety of different bacteria the bees collect. This I believe has returned my intestinal flora back to normal. And I urge everyone here to go to your herb shop to get bee pollen grains (not capsules) or go to your local bee-keeper they should have some they may just through away... Be warned though I think ppl who are allergic to bee's or pollen should be careful.. i dont want you suing me if something bad happens to you... ask you doctor 1st..

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 25, 2003 11:20 am

actually its been almost 2 weeks now that I think about it... I am not going to eat any more yogurt and see if the side effects return... I am convinced that this bee pollen has cured me... I know I sound like some wack-o but I am actually a pretty rational guy. All I know is my symptoms of 4 years cleard up after taking the be pollen... I am interested in hearing from others... I hope this information helps someone else also...

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 02, 2003 1:50 pm

How much of a quantity of pollen grains do you take at a time/or/ a day? I have a local health store that sells these "local" bee pollen grains. This is interesting. Thanks.

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:35 pm

I take about a spoonfull every morning. I have not taken kefir or yogurt for about 3 weeks now.. I chew them up and wash it down with a glass of water.. you might want to try kefir and bee pollen together and see what it does for you.

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 03, 2003 5:04 pm

Matt, <BR>Am glad the bee pollen was helpful to you. Anyone else who tries alternative therapy should run it by their doctor/pharmacist/health food expert first. What works for one person can be harmful to another -- as we discovered with antibiotics. In other words, good luck but proceed carefully.

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 03, 2003 10:01 pm

I concur... some ppl have bee allergies, but usually these ppl know that they have them.. I am very interested in hearing if raw bee pollen is effective for anyone else with a clostridium infection. Also Kefir is cultured milk but (kinda like yogurt) but it has has more types of good bacteria than yogurt. You can get it at kroger or ingles etc.. It has been very helpfull also but I am really impressed with the bee pollen. BTW still no signs of the infection.

Postby Guest » Sun Sep 14, 2003 3:56 pm

Millie, <BR>Thanks for the info. I've posted it in the FAQ section under "Alternative Medicine." The website seems well-done and listes the minuses as well as the pluses. Here's an excerpt: <BR> <BR><!-- BBCode Start --><I>Unfortunately, most of the enthusiastic claims made for the various bee products--that they promote weight loss, slow the aging process, combat bacteria and increase immunity, and boost overall energy and athletic performance--have little or no scientific backing. Royal jelly in particular may promote the vigorous growth, fertility, and longevity of queen bees, but the evidence to support its value for a similar benefit in humans is lacking. <BR> <BR>In sum, only a handful of the multiple claims made for bee products are well-founded.</I><!-- BBCode End --> <BR> <BR>The site specifically warns bee pollen should be used very cautiously because of the dangers of allergic reactions.

Postby Guest » Sun Sep 21, 2003 6:07 am

Be extremely careful with bee pollen!! First off you don't even need a allergy to bee pollen to have problems with it. For starters bee pollen in fairly small doses causes histamine release in your system which is the LAST thing you want happening since histamine release in the colon has been proven to cause ulcerative colitis type symptoms. Bee pollen also causes an immune response to it since it is recongnized as an antigen to our bodies defenses. I find it EXTREMELY hard to find ANYONE with gut problems like those here to getting benefits from it's use. Most of you with Cdiff have a disregulated immune system now from the infection and the last thing you need is ramping up your immune system even more. Find out what cytokines your system has elevated first before self medicating. Do you have a TH1 or a TH2 predominant immune dysregulation from your cdiff infection. You can find out you know through tests. Ask your doctor for a cytokine panel profile test. But this whole thing with bee pollen in my opinion is bad advice. Avoid it and do just the opposite. Avoid things wich cause a histmine reaction in your body. You'd be better off taking anti histamines than taking bee pollen. <BR> <BR>As far as the kefir is concerned, the VERY BEST website on the whole internet about kefir making and kefir in general is found here - <!-- BBCode auto-link start --><a href="http://users.chariot.net.au/~dna/Makekefir.html" target="_blank">http://users.chariot.net.au/~dna/Makekefir.html</a><!-- BBCode auto-link end --> <BR> <BR>Enjoy!!

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 25, 2003 9:33 am

enlightened... All I know is I started taking bee pollen for allergy reasons and as a side effect my clostridium infection seems to have cleared up... My theory is it works because the pollen is a rich source of many bacteria... I honestly have no clue how or why it helped my cdiff infection but I am utterly convinced it did.. I would not have posted this on the board if I was not 99.9% positive the bee pollen was the agent responsible for the eradication of my cdiff......

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 26, 2003 5:40 am

Matt, thanks a lot for your help! I started on bee pollen yesterday afternoon and already in the evening I felt much better with less pain and gas, even better I got a lot of energy and couldn´t fall asleep, I almost felt like a healthy person, unbelievable. If it continues like this I might be able to start a new life! <BR> <BR>One question: How often do you take the pollen? I think it´s a rather powerful product so maybe once a day is enough, ie in the morning??

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 27, 2003 8:02 am

hi... im really glad it helped you also... I take about a pinch every morning... also I have started drinking a glass of kefir every morning again.. I bought a big bucket of bee pollen so i am going to finish it up and see by that time if the infection is still gone. so far i have had no symptoms since i have been taking pollen/kefir

Postby Guest » Sun Sep 28, 2003 5:55 am

Hi again Matt... Yesterday was my best day in 2 years, completely solid stools, minimum gas and no pain! <BR> <BR>However, I tried to provoke my old monsters by eating badly and drinking a lot of wine and 20 hrs after I took my bee pollen it started coming back a little. So, my suggestion is to take a teaspoon in the morning and then 1/2 a teaspoon in the evening befire bedtime so that it has NO CHANCE of making a comeback. <BR> <BR>What´s your thoughts?

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 30, 2003 2:40 am

I´m leaning towards a 50% relief from this bee pollen compared to what I had before in terms of pain, gas and diarrhea, it´s a bit early to tell but approximately that is the relief for me during 5 full days. I have been feeling great every other day and then the bad days I´m burping all the time and feeling nauseous with excess gas. I ate a lot of Ayoli with garlic before bedtime and that was not a good combination... <BR> <BR>Also, 1-2 glasses of red wine makes me feel great when taking bee pollen, some good combination? <BR> <BR>Also, now I take one teaspoon in the morning and one in the evening, I´m still experimenting with new combinations. I started eating yoghurt too. Today is a great day btw. <BR> <BR>Waiting for more progress to be made with time, this bee pollen is the first thing which really made a difference for me after 2 years.

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 30, 2003 12:27 pm

matt & marcus, <BR>I'm glad bee pollen seems to have made a difference. To everyone, however, BEE (could't resist this)CAREFUL about trying any new product.

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 05, 2003 8:32 am

Things are going great. After 10 days of bee pollen I´m down to 25% symptoms of what I had, if it continues like this one doesn´t know where it can end although I remain conservative as always.... vanco does nothing compared to bee pollen. I urge everyone with Cdiff to try this cheap product unless they have severe allergy. It´s worth it and I have tried everything!

Return to “Treatments”