Probiotic recommendation

Treatments, possible treatments, unsubstantiated/unproven treatments. Consult your doctor first.
mike1977
Brand New Poster

Probiotic recommendation

Postby mike1977 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:23 am

Hi Guys, I had Cdiff back in 2013 by taking amoxicillin for a sinus infection. Back then I took around of vanco(10days) which help resolve the cdiff symptoms. Since then, have been taking 10 billion cultures daily of Webber Naturals, and also try to have a decent amount of naturally fermented foods(kosher brined dills and sauerkraut every now and then).
Had a throat culture done a few days ago, as I've had a sore throat for two weeks which seemed to have also moved to one of my ears, which caused some concern. The culture came back positive unfortunately, and my Dr prescribed amoxicillin, claiming that it's not a big offender. All that being said, I would like to introduce a more powerful probiotic once I start taking the pills(today). I'm in Canada so Bio K is really widely available, and seems to be very well reviewed. Any thoughts or other recommendations?

thanks,
Mike

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Probiotic recommendation

Postby NanciT » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:35 pm

Hello and Welcome to the site Please read the first thread for all new posters

As far as probiotics, it's individual and you may want to check with your GI. Most on the site use FLorester or VSL#3. I have also seen several posters use Bio K. It sounds like you are doing all the right things. I have continued with VSL#3 because it also help Post IBS which I still have years post CDIFF.

Some can get symptoms from too much probiotic, I always like to caution that especially if you are getting it through foods.

Hope all goes well

NanciT

Return to “Treatments”