Oil of Oregano

Treatments, possible treatments, unsubstantiated/unproven treatments. Consult your doctor first.

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 25, 2003 9:07 pm

I was diagnosed with C Diff in December and have gone through 2 rounds of Flagyl and cholestyramine. Someone mentioned trying Oil of oregano to wipe this out completely. I had never heard of this and was wondering if anyone else had ever heard of it or tried it.

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 25, 2003 10:02 pm

Nope - although it doesn't sound too dangerous. You never know.

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 26, 2003 2:23 am

Kimberly, <BR>I've seen a book about the "miracles of oregano" in health food stores. Don't know much about its miracles although I use it in cooking. If you do try it, I'd do it very slowly and check with your doctor first. There is no such animal as a medication (or any other substance in huge quantities) without a side effect.

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:42 am

Kimberly - <BR>You will hear all kinds of cure for this disease. You have to weigh all of them out to see which make sense for you to try. Basically, if there was a 100% cure known for this stuff...none of us would have it. Be careful with anything you try.

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 03, 2003 6:05 pm

Yes the OREGANO oil helps Alot--I am not sure if it will cure it completely alone but I think it has been a Definite part in my recovery from CDIF---Melisa :)

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 03, 2003 8:01 pm

Thank you everyone so much for your replies. I did end up getting the oil of oregano. I have been taking 10 drops sublingual 3 times per day. I have been taking it for a week and a day. I can honestly say that all of my symptoms are gone. I feel so much better it scares me. This does not mean that the c. diff is gone. I will have to be tested again. I wanted to try the oil of oregano because I do not have insurance and could not afford the vanco or another office visit. I hope and pray that this lasts.

Postby Guest » Fri May 09, 2003 6:08 pm

let's look into this in more depth.. I'm surprised not more has been said or discussed about this. I think it is extremely interesting...how about it ?

Postby Guest » Sat May 10, 2003 3:22 pm

Bob, <BR>Thanks for your interest. Why don't you do some research on oil of oregano and let us know the results?

Postby Guest » Mon May 12, 2003 9:03 pm

There is an amazing amount of information on oil of oregano. It almost all points to the eradication of c. diff. One interesting site is <!-- BBCode auto-link start --><a href="http://www.survival.com.mx/health/oregano/moreinfo.html" target="_blank">http://www.survival.com.mx/health/oregano/moreinfo.html</a><!-- BBCode auto-link end --> <BR>I wonder about side effects, i.e., taste, stomach irritation, etc.? <BR>From what I've read, the best is the amber colored, and must be "deep" mediteranian, and drops used sublingually are best. <BR>Also, from what i've read, it is so potent, that it is recomended that you start taking probiotics long before you start the oregano, as it devours not only the the c.diff toxins but also your beneficial bacteria as well. <BR>I'll keep checking this out.

Postby Guest » Wed May 14, 2003 7:24 pm

Bob, <BR> <BR>Why would one want to load up on probiotics BEFORE endeavoring to take an antibiotic, synthetic or natural? I thought the probiotics were intended to replenish the good intestinal flora AFTER the completion of an antiobiotic regimen. I am new here and am just asking. <BR> <BR>-Mark

Postby Guest » Wed May 14, 2003 9:28 pm

Mark - there have actually been a number of studies that indicate probiotic use concomitant with antibiotics results in a lower incidence of c-diff. Perhaps because the probiotics temporarily take up the space vacated by all the good bacteria you've torpedoed with the antibiotic, leaving less space available to the opportunistic c-diff. Generally, it is recommended that you space your probiotic apart from your antibiotic dose. Bottom line is that nobody really knows why it helps, but if it does, why not?

Postby Guest » Fri May 16, 2003 12:20 pm

Hi! <BR> My question for anyone who has looked into the studies on oregano oil is, can it cause c-diff? It seems to me that anything that destroys good flora can have the potential. If it doesn't have the ability to cause c-diff, this could be a good alternative medicine for post c-diff sufferers for things that most people treat with antibiotics like sinus infections ear infections etc.. I would like to know that there is something I can take if I ever need to, because I can tell you if I ever get rid of this c-diff, I don't plan on ever taking antibiotics again. Nothing except true life or death could make me risk going through this again.

Postby Guest » Sat May 17, 2003 1:02 pm

Dorthy, <BR>I agree with not ever wanting to get C. diff. again. I have a lot of health problems, but it is the one that frightens me the most. <BR> <BR>I don't know much about oil of Oregano but do know it isn't considered "standard treatment" for C. diff. Since it evidently kills good bacteria, as well as bad, I would be very cautious. <BR> <BR>Hope you are feeling better.

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 23, 2003 9:08 pm

Bobbie, <BR> <BR>Vancomyacin ALSO kills good bacteria--the Oregano products at least kill the candida that antibiotics like Vancomyacin also can allow to get out of hand... Melisa.

sharonkv
Brand New Poster

Re: Oil of Oregano

Postby sharonkv » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:02 pm

I have not used wild oil of oregano for c diff. However, I will share my experience using it for a uti which plagued me for a year and a half. After spending thousands on tests and intravenous a antibiotics, I was desperate so I began to research. I had four different bacteria causing my infection, two being e coli and staph. Both highly resistant to all of the antibiotics which were poisoning me. I tried the oil under my tongue, several times a day with no improvement. I then decided to nuke the "things". I bought a bottle of the wild oregano gel caps and took two every hour until the bottle was empty. I have not had any more symptoms since then. This is why it is referred to as a miracle oil! My granddaughter had the flu and the doctor gave her Tamaflu. In the middle of the night she awoke with a very high fever (I had given her a dose of Tamaflu earlier). I rubbed the bottoms of her feet with wild oregano oil, put socks on them and then rubbed her back with it. Within minutes, her fever was gone and so was her flu! My father is currently using the oil after spending 13 days in the hospital with double pneumonia, and having amazing results. So I don't know if it will work for c diff but it wouldn't hurt and would definitely be worth a try. By the way, this is not the oregano you cook with. This is WILD oregano oil. You can purchase it at any health food store or even online but not at the grocery store.

Return to “Treatments”