VSL#3 Heart Palpitations and Belching

Treatments, possible treatments, unsubstantiated/unproven treatments. Consult your doctor first.
Lopey
Brand New Poster

VSL#3 Heart Palpitations and Belching

Postby Lopey » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:42 pm

Has anyone had any heart irregular beating response to VSL#3? Also serious belching problems? I tried it and it worked for my IBS but gave me serious heart palpitations and irregular heatbeats and I ended up at a cardiologist. We can't be certain so I wanted some feedback from others. Also the belching was servere. Anyone? I even tried getting down to just one pill a day, or 1/4 packet.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: VSL#3 Heart Palpitations and Belching

Postby NanciT » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:02 pm

Hello Lopey and Welcome to the site Please read the first thread for all new posters

I am glad you went to a cardiologist for a consult and possible testing. I have not heard of VSL#3 causing any type of cardiac symptoms but gas, burping, abd pain can occur.

There are MANY probiotics, I am sure your cardiologist or GI can recommend which one you should switch to. I would not take anything that caused those symptoms. If you stop it and symptoms continue then I would return to the cardiologist.

Are you dealing with CDIFF currently? On a medication for CDIFF? CDIFF can cause dehydration which can effect cardiac function

NanciT

Return to “Treatments”