Vanc taper vs. dificid for 10d

Treatments, possible treatments, unsubstantiated/unproven treatments. Consult your doctor first.
mka
New User

Vanc taper vs. dificid for 10d

Postby mka » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:55 am

I am currently awaiting test results for possible relapse. I failed 10 days of Flagyl then took 14 days of Vancomycin 125mg 4x/day. It has been 5 weeks since I completed the Vancomycin and have been taking Cholestyramine for loose stools for the past 3 weeks. I want to be 6 weeks out from the Vancomycin before I retest (continued loose stool 5-6x/day and abdominal pain) for fear of a false positive PCR. My question is...if the test in one week comes back positive (which I am fearing) would I be better of requesting a Vancomycin taper or Dificid for 10 days? My doc has hinted that the next step would be a Vancomycin taper. I would actually prefer a Dificid taper but am unsure if the GI doc would go for this AND of the cost of a Dificid taper. Any help/suggestions would be greatly helpful and appreciated!!

cnatra
Contributor

Re: Vanc taper vs. dificid for 10d

Postby cnatra » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:34 pm

I would go for the Dificid .

Ideally a taper treatment .

Vanco didn't cure me after over 3 months of tapering & pulsing.

I'm feeling optimistic after my Dificid treatment !!

OCmama
Regular Contributor

Postby OCmama » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:53 pm

I would denifiey go with Dificid. And if you cannot get Dificid I would do a Vanco Pulse.

mka
New User

Postby mka » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:59 pm

Thank you both very much for your reply! I should get my results tomorrow and fingers crossed that I am able to get started on dificid if my results are all positive. I so appreciate your help and support. Also sending good healing vibes your way!

amyc
Long Time Contributor

Postby amyc » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:39 pm

Think about Alinia. Cheaper, seems to work will.

https://www.scripps.edu/newsandviews/e_ ... janda.html

Return to “Treatments”