Vanco question

Treatments, possible treatments, unsubstantiated/unproven treatments. Consult your doctor first.
tanya12
Contributor

Vanco question

Postby tanya12 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:43 pm

Did anybody have nausea or reflux from taking Vanco? Also I have like soreness on both sides of my ribs I wouldn't call it a stomachache or feels like I was doing thousands of push-ups or sit ups I don't know if it's from crying so much for just the anabiotic everybody said it's very strong
One more question is it normal for me to be feeling that this is never going to go away? I had a failed Flagyl treatment and I think now I just cannot be positive

cody1
Regular User

Re: Vanco question

Postby cody1 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:17 pm

I had acid reflux prior to c diff, but I did feel that the vanco made it worse, I take Pepcid complete and a lot of tums. I also experienced a lot of nausea off and on with the vanco. I am currently doing a vanco taper and am down to just one pill a day and both the nausea and reflux have gotten better since going down to 1 pill per day. I have been battling c diff since the end of July, I've done flagyl, a 10 day course of vanco, 14 day course of vanco and now the vanco taper, I can tell you that I have definitely experienced thoughts and feelings that it's never going to go away. We just have to try and stay positive and remember that there are a lot of treatments and eventually something has to work.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Vanco question

Postby NanciT » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:12 pm

Nausea is common with Vanco. I used "Sea Bands" the entire time I was on it, you can get them at any drug store and give them a try. I would talk with your GI about the reflux.
Hope you feel better soon
NanciT

Return to “Treatments”