Homeopathic Treatment

Treatments, possible treatments, unsubstantiated/unproven treatments. Consult your doctor first.

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 04, 2001 9:49 pm

Hi. It is a pleasure to find your excellent website. It's unfortunate that I found it necessary to research this topic. I am a 39 yr old male, 4 kids (a little nuts), a wife who now has to work doubly hard and since July a member of the C. difficle gang. I have been treated with Flagel, and Vanco, and have been on Percocets, etc... I have had three regimens of drugs, two of them thru IV in the hospital. <BR>This little virus is ruining my life rapidly. At the beginning of July, I was a reasonably healthy person until it was time to give me an IV. Then, of course, the C. Diff came along. <BR>So, due to your website (primarily) and the other sites available, I am trying the homeopathic way. FYI, after the last time I came off the Flagel, it was back full force within two days. <BR>The homeopath spent quite a bit of time with me asking an array of questions and prescribed doses of a variety of items - aloe vera, liquid garlic, three types of homeopathic pills which will be used in a three day cycle, Omega 3-6-9, and acidophilus & bifidus 6x/day. Basically, he states that he wants to change the intestinal flora. <BR>I am on day three. I will let you know whatever you desire. <BR> <BR>Is there anyone else who has taken this approach? And would like to comment on this.Your words of wisdom would be appreciated. <BR> <BR>By the way, it is a long weekend here in Ontario, Canada. Happy Thansgiving. <BR><BR>[Guest Posted by: 'Murray']

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 05, 2001 1:37 am

Hi Murray, <BR> <BR>Happy Thanksgiving to you too! eh? (had to throw that in! - I fly to BC a lot..) <BR> <BR>Anyway... My wife Lori did the homeopathic/naturopathic route. She did that after the GI doc's treatments. While she was sick, I built this website and posted her case history. Years later... the site and I are still here! <BR> <BR>In her case history is listed every supplement and drug prescribed to her. You should go there and compare notes.. it's listed in our Case History section here (Lori). <BR> <BR>I fully encourage the use of a homeopath/naturopathic doc along with a GI. The combination of the vanco or flagyl with getting your overall health on track is key. <BR> <BR>Welcome to the group and keep us posted. In fact, you can post your case history if you feel inclined. Everyone should! <BR> <BR> <BR>Sincerely, <BR>Sam <BR>Admin <BR><BR>[Guest Posted by: 'Admin']

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 07, 2001 11:26 am

Wow, quite alot of time has passed and I have just recently tested positive for CDIFF again. I knew it never went away. However, the homeopathic treatmentswhich consisted of lots of vitamins, garlic, and some other things have given me quite alot more energy than I would probably have otherwise. Of course, this level of energy is still nothing compared to what I use to have. <BR> <BR>I am taking lots of homeopathic stuff along with a new treatment round of Vanco and Rifampin (or Rifadin). I am on this for a total of 14 days this time around. I m on day 2. <BR> <BR>Is there anyone with advice? <BR> <BR>Also, it there anyone from Southern Ontario out there who has had success beating the C. Diff who would be willing to discuss with me. I am about an hour outside of London, Ontario. You can email me at <!-- BBcode auto-mailto start --><a href="mailto:buddenm@mnsi.net">buddenm@mnsi.net</a><!-- BBCode auto-mailto end --> . <BR> <BR>Thanks, Murray<BR><BR>[Guest Posted by: 'Murray']

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 07, 2001 10:30 pm

Order yourself some Culturelle (or get it at the drugstore), and stuff yourself with that and organic yogurt while you're taking the medication. Keep it up after the vanco and rifampin are finished, at least for a couple of weeks if not longer. And cross your fingers! <BR> <BR>It'll go away eventually. It always does. <BR><BR>[Guest Posted by: 'Lauren']

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 11, 2003 10:13 pm

Hi, I just started taking vanco 250 3x daily, started three days ago. So far things haven't changed much, perhaps a little less gas, color not so yellow (yuck, sorry for the sordid details), but still no form. <BR>I've had D for nine months now, didn't take antibiotics prior to getting it. Tested negative for everything including C-diff. Went from no life to tough mornings, but able to do things after about 10AM. That's pretty well where I still stand. <BR> Please tell me that this stuff will start kicking in soon. <BR>Oh, I'm going to try Sacch....Boulardii as soon as it comes in, I've read that helps along with vanco. Still not positive this is C-diff, but hoping I can nail it. I think after nine months I shouldn't expect immediate relief, so I'm still hoping. <BR>Any insight? <BR>Thanks, <BR>Jeannette

Return to “Treatments”