Vanco after Flagyl- deplitating urgency to urinate Help!!

Treatments, possible treatments, unsubstantiated/unproven treatments. Consult your doctor first.
Ril
Long Time Contributor

Re: Vanco after Flagyl- deplitating urgency to urinate Help!

Postby Ril » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:44 pm

Those of us who have used xifaxan have used it as an adjunct or chaser to standard treatments, for SIBO, or in my case, for treatment of PI IBS-D. It is not a primary treatment for c diff.
It certainly is up to you, but I would have to echo Roy and be concerned about the course of treatment you are on right now. Please watch your symptoms and make sure you don't get worse.

I am also puzzled. Your first post said you were diagnosed with c diff 2 weeks ago. You have had some difficulty settling on a medication but can hardly be called treatment resistant or a treatment failure. Difficid has been working well for many yet you are looking to have a FMT already rather than taking it. That is quite unusual, to say the least. Have I missed something?

Rita

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:43 am

Agree about Xifaxin . I also used it as a chaser to a vanco taper but my doctor wanted me to continue taking it for another two months , ten day courses/month , maybe he thinks I may have SIBO but he can't be sure since we do not have those breath test in Romania. In my opinion it would have been wiser to use the Rifaximine after you finish the Dificid course , but you doc knows best.
You said you are taking Aloe Vera juice , as far as I know it can have laxative effect so you may have to go more often to the bathroom.

Sempurna
New User

Postby Sempurna » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:17 pm

georgina wrote:
> Agree about Xifaxin . I also used it as a chaser to a vanco taper but my
> doctor wanted me to continue taking it for another two months , ten day
> courses/month , maybe he thinks I may have SIBO but he can't be sure since
> we do not have those breath test in Romania. In my opinion it would have
> been wiser to use the Rifaximine after you finish the Dificid course , but
> you doc knows best.
> You said you are taking Aloe Vera juice , as far as I know it can have
> laxative effect so you may have to go more often to the bathroom.

I haven't started the aloe yet but apparently there are two versions- the latex version works as a laxative and the other does not.
As for the Rifaximine, I hope to find out today what the actual Cdiff expert thinks. I haven't picked up either but will need to today. It's not meant to kill all the cdiff but to beat it back along with other pathogens while giving my body some space to recover from the symptoms caused by the Flagyl and Vanco. I will totally switch to Dificid if that's what is advised in the end. Yesterday, she emailed that she is hoping for next Thursday. In the meantime, my husband is getting screened as a donor for treatments up here if that falls through.
It's so very hard to have faith in one course of treatment. I really thought the 8 week Vanco Protocol was gonna be the thing but that wasn't working for my body. I wish they'd just give you the Dificid to begin with. Sigh.

Sempurna
New User

Postby Sempurna » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:39 pm

Ok guys, thanks for the information. The Dr. At Bright emailed that she recommends the Dificid instead so I picked that up. I'm so scared to take it because of the scary words on the print out! Going to take one with dinner and look up some experiences with it here. I think I read plenty of people saying that it was much better than the others for them.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:10 pm

Dificid has cured many on this site including me. I actually did not look it up while taking it, I didnt read the insert...nothing. I usually research everything but was desperate after months of CDIFF and I had no options in front of me.
Hopefully this will do the trick and you will be CDIFF free!
NanciT

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:23 am

It's best not to use the quote feature as it makes the posts untidy and uses up space, we lock threads at 2 pages.
Just mention the posters name.
Give the meds a chance to work this time.
You only took vanco for 1 day and blamed it for your UTI symptoms (you had that before vanco).
If you have D that's caused by c.diff it has to be treated.
I don't think I would load my gut with all those suppliments.
I would take the dificid and probably the florestor.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:48 am

Agree with Roy , all those supplements will not get you rid of Cdiff , you have to treat Cdiff with drugs that are FDA approved for it. Dificid is a great drug I would love to be able to try it but we don't have it out on the drug market in Romania (have to order it from another country and I cannot afford it), don't be afraid to take it , it might be your magic bullet even though some people found it to be a little harsh on their system.

Sempurna
New User

Postby Sempurna » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:24 pm

The latest-
So I took the Dificid afterall with no ill effects, in fact, I felt like a human again and had an appetite. I took it for 7 days and stopped 36 hrs before capsule fmt on 9/29 & 30th. 35 capsules each day. It was quite easy. Felt normal for a couple of days but for some bloating and then cramping started in. After a week, I had a few hard days of WD, cramping, discomfort but not the M as before. I would like to get a test done this week but my GP is booked out 2 weeks so I called the ND and I hope to get in tomorrow. Still have some thrush from after the flagyl despite 3 diflucan and some antifungal lozenges. I have been on a Candida safe diet since I first had C Diff symptoms 2 months ago.

I started to really get distressed when symptoms started in earnest a few days ago. But I admit to having eaten some carbs for the first time in a long time like granola and rice. I had taken no supplements the first days after the FMT but have started the NDs protcol I mentioned before minus the aloe because I keep forgetting to get it and I'm not excited about it but Bright Clinic said it was good also- like rubbing lotion into your skin but on the inside. I went back on the Candida Safe diet (no sugar, no starch, no fun)and started strictly onto (by time of day) tincture, L Glutamine 3xs day, vitamin C, Florastor, Molybdebum (essential to clearing the toxin from candida die off), vitamin D & prescript assist. I have to say, the symptoms have descreased but my BMs are odd. Both NDs sung the praises of L. Glutamine and may warrant a look for those interested. I read a lot of good reviews about it with IBD.

Either way, I need the peace of mind of the test this week before we leave for a big family trip that was painstakingly planned for a year : ( I hope I can get the results by the end of the week at least for c diff. I pray its negative!!!!! This really is a long road and there seems to be no magic bullet. I will prevail.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:37 am

I was on a high dose of vanco and then xifaxin before doing a FMT.

Good luck to you. Something will eventually work. Keep us posted.

Return to “Treatments”