Acidophilus

Treatments, possible treatments, unsubstantiated/unproven treatments. Consult your doctor first.
Christy
New User

Acidophilus

Postby Christy » Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:54 pm

Hi,

I wanted to be sure I wasn't posting something someone already mentioned, but forgive me if I have. I just bought Jamieson Acidophilus, and was wondering if it's the same as all these other probiotics you've been talking about? And what is the amount of success anyone has had using this type of stuff? I actually went to the pharmacy to get Florastor, but the pharmacist said they didn't carry it. He got me the Jamieson stuff and said it's basically the same.

daniela
Brand New Poster

acidophilus

Postby daniela » Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:02 pm

hi cindy, i'm taking acidophilus too. it's good, but my doctor recommended i eat yogurt. he said it's even better than acidophilus. i was on another board, called the naked scientists, and a phycisist suggested to me that i eat lots of fibers as well, because good bacterias feed off of fiber. and what would be ideal, coming off of antibiotics, is to try to restore my intestinal flora. that way the good bacterias can kill the bad ones...but the guy isn't a doctor, so just trust me at least on the yogurt thing. i like dannon. there is a kind called danactive (w/ l.casei defensis). it says immunity on the bottle. it's liquid and powerful stuff, so you can drink a lot of it without getting full. right now i am eating like 2 salads and 10 yogurts a day. maybe i'm exaggerating, but i just want to get rid of this. good luck!

Marcia
Long Time Contributor

Postby Marcia » Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:03 pm

Return to “Treatments”