Down to 1 vanco every 3 days

Treatments, possible treatments, unsubstantiated/unproven treatments. Consult your doctor first.
rei099
New User

Down to 1 vanco every 3 days

Postby rei099 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:15 am

Hello everyone!
Just to be brief, I had c diff, followed by a relapse. My second course of vanco I took for 14 days, then began to taper for about a week. My GI moved me straight from taper to pulse, one every 3 days. I've been doing this for a little over 3 weeks now and have two more vanco to pulse.
I've had no signs of c diff during the whole pulse. No D, no loss of appetite, only the most minor of cramps, and using the bathroom normally. I was put on a low poly map diet, which I was almost on anyway since I already can't tolerate gluten, artificial additives or extremely processed foods. I had one day which I ate diced potatoes fried with onions, and had Sort of D after that. Onions I then noticed were on my list not to eat... Other than that one moment, the cramping has been almost like a whisper. No PI-IBS either.
Anyone that pulsed, does this sound like false hope? Or does it sound like I could have recovered?

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Re: Down to 1 vanco every 3 days

Postby georgina » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:14 pm

Glad you are doing well on your pulse . Pulsing vanco cured many here on the site so i'm hoping it will do the trick for you. You should stay away from fried foods , especially fried onions , they can be a little rough on your system. Stay away from greasy foods, excess sugar , alcool , high fiber. See CDI nutrition.
Wishing you continuos improvement

amyc
Long Time Contributor

Postby amyc » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:46 pm

Sounds like you are doing great, and I don't think you should worry about false hope. It sounds to me like your taper and pulse have worked, which is awesome!

kayron
Contributor

Postby kayron » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:24 pm

I am also on a Vanco pulse very similar to you but I am taking 2 Vanco a day 12 hrs apart and then go to the next step tomorrow. I hope I do as good as you. My stools appear more normal. I do have some cramping. I am also on Enteragam 1 pack twice a day. I hope this works. I try to eat a mild diet. I have failed twice with Flagyl and once with Vanco. This is the first time I have been on a taper and pulse. Good luck to you!

Return to “Treatments”