Is this a normal vanco taper??

Treatments, possible treatments, unsubstantiated/unproven treatments. Consult your doctor first.
donnamz
New User

Is this a normal vanco taper??

Postby donnamz » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:57 pm

I saw the ID dr for the first time. Brief background...Cdiff started early feb...Flaygl for 14 days, reccurred in late march, Flagyl for 14 days. Recurred early June....given Vanco for 10 days.....still exhibiting some symptoms, changed Dr's. She gave me an RX for 250 mg of Vanco 4 times a day for 10 days followed by 125 mg 2 times a day for 7 days. That does not seem to be anything like any of the tapers I read about on here? When I was in her office she spoke of tapering more slowly but of course she is now away on vacation and I cannot get clarification. Advice? Thanks!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Is this a normal vanco taper??

Postby beth22 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:14 am

I have not seen a taper like that either. Usually you cut one pill at a time, but I guess there are other variations. Is there another doctor that you could see for a second opinion?

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Re: Is this a normal vanco taper??

Postby georgina » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:04 am

Agree , this is not a regular taper , but who am I to disagree with a doctor. Anyway , if my doctor would have given me this taper , I would have start looking for another doctor that has more experience.

Return to “Treatments”