peppermint oil capsules

Treatments, possible treatments, unsubstantiated/unproven treatments. Consult your doctor first.
bob
Brand New Poster

peppermint oil capsules

Postby bob » Sat May 28, 2016 3:06 pm

Hi everybody. It's been many years since I've posted On this site. Many many years ago is when I first discovered That I had cdiff In the early 2000's. I have had many 'good' years, and times where I've also relapsed. Psychologically at times it can be very disturbing.
I was wondering what you folks know about peppermint oil capsules that are enteric-coated. I was wondering what was the normal dosage and milligram size that folks are ttaking to help curb or stop diarrhea. And I wonder if there is a popular brand that folks are using out there.
Thanks very much, and I apologize if I'm asking a question about something that might be already posted out there somewhere.

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Re: peppermint oil capsules

Postby Ril » Sat May 28, 2016 9:02 pm

Welcome to the site Bob. Please read the first entry on the home page entitled "Please Read Before You Post". There is a lot of information on this site. Look around and read the many topics. I am sorry you have had relapses throughout all these years. It is not clear how you are doing now.
I personally don't know anything about peppermint capsules. Perhaps someone else on the site might. Also, there is a search bar you can use. Enter the subject and do a search of old posts and see what comes up.
Best wishes to you.
Rita

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Sun May 29, 2016 12:39 am

I tried peppermint oil caps and they worked for calming down the spasm but i belive that peppermint tea has the same effect so i prefered the tea instead of more pills.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sun May 29, 2016 2:10 am

Dr. Mark Pimentel recommends those type of peppermint oil capsules in his book. He recommends them for IBS and SIBO. I have not tried them.

daisy
Regular User

Postby daisy » Mon May 30, 2016 8:47 am

Bob, I have used them with Ibs attacks and also peppermint tea with ginger and it really helps me.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Tue May 31, 2016 12:11 am

There is a product called IBGard that is sold at CVS and Walgreen's that is peppermint oil capsules. GI says some people have been helped quite a bit for IBS.

bob
Brand New Poster

Postby bob » Tue May 31, 2016 8:38 am

Thanks

bob
Brand New Poster

Postby bob » Tue May 31, 2016 8:40 am

Thanks

Return to “Treatments”